![]() |
Baby Girl is here!
She arrived yesterday, 9/11, at 12:53 a.m., weighing 6 pounds 14 ounces.
She was two weeks early, but all three of her brothers were also two weeks early, so that was no surprise.
I won't lie, though, I was hoping she'd be a little bit late and I'd have me an October baby.
Her name would have been totally different if she had made it to her due date and then held on for another six days.
Oh well, as one of the nurses commented, she certainly has an unforgettable birthday.
It was almost surreal to watch the one-year anniversary of 9/11 in the maternity ward holding our unexpected blessing.
I never imagined on that terrible day that one year later we would be holding proof that life does go on.
I had a fast, easy delivery with no complications.
I had no medication during labor, but because of my history, they kept a close eye on things and gave me medicine for most of the day afterward.
Honestly, that part was worse than the labor.
Peacock was in the delivery room with me.
I think he was the first to hold her.
I don't think he was all that impressed.
She came into the world screaming her head off and didn't stop for quite a while.
She actually woke up the other babies.
She seems more content now that she's home, though.
So far, Raven and Heron are fairly indifferent to her.
Babies aren't that interesting to 11-, 9-, and 6-year-old little boys.
We named her J.A., but currently her daddy is calling her Porkchop and I'm calling her Bubba.
She's going to have to grow into her name, I think.
Most of the family's comments were, "Of course it's a J name."
Personally, I was going for an "A" name so that the oldest daughter and the youngest daughter would have the same initial, but Daddy said, "No, she has to fit in with her brothers."
Trust me, the child was nearly named Baby Girl.
Luckily, I screamed "help!" on a pregnancy board and a nice Australian lady suggested the name but said not to pronounce it the European way.
She explained how to pronounce it the American way instead.
Surprisingly, both Cowboy and I agreed to it.
The middle name was a no-brainer.
It's Irish, which is my heritage, and it contains pieces of her dad and Pappaw's names.
The family is already mispronouncing it.
It won't take me long to train them how to say it properly, though.
It didn't take me long to train them with Peacock and Heron's names either.
I really need to get off of here and try to get some sleep before the princess decides it's bottle time.

