Tuesday, October 12, 2004

My toddler has two moods: sweet angel and raccoon on espresso

I finally got around to cleaning the whole house.

It doesn't look half bad.

I even switched the couches around in the living room.

I was hoping to keep Badger off the bookshelf.

She climbs up on the arm of the couch and takes all the books off the shelves.

I was hoping that switching from a flat-arm couch to a puffy-arm couch would keep her from climbing, but nope, no go.

The little booger still climbs, kills, and destroys.

We were all concerned about Badger's lack of talking, but while we were up at Granny's, she really took off just jabbering.

Complete sentences, plain, loud, and clear.

I think that she knew babbling and tugging on sleeves just wasn't going to work with her Nanna and Nooner.

Either that, or she just decided to show off a bit.

We still go for the speech and hearing evaluation on Thursday, but I will tell them that she is capable of talking when she chooses to.
She just isn't choosing to talk right now.

I guess really it is our fault.

All she has to do is grunt and tug on a sleeve or a shirt, and one of her brothers will get up and find out what she wants.

Cowboy and I try to make her ask for what she wants, but honestly, her tantrums wear us down and we just give in to the pointing and tugging.

Tantrums are a whole new territory for us.

I can honestly say the three boys never threw a tantrum.

So anyway, it's a relief to find out that she is capable of talking and talking really well.

She's just downright stubborn and refuses to talk.

I mean, why talk?

All the princess has to do is point, grunt, and one of her loyal subjects hops up and gets it.

No comments: