Badger had her tooth out this morning.
Cowboy went back with her.
He's just better with the kids, better at calming them down and joking their fears away.
He said they numbed it, first with something like a Band-Aid, then with a needle, then gave her laughing gas.
Both he and the dentist said she did great.
She's still bleeding some, but it's not gushing and not constant.
She doesn't seem to be in any pain.
I have Tylenol with Codeine if she does start hurting, but for now she's OK.
He wanted her to return in 3 months.
She has an appointment already scheduled for November, so that worked out just fine.
She's to take her antibiotic until Friday.
I didn't really want her to be all jumpy and active, so I've forced her to watch television all day or play on the computer.
She said she's booooored.
Today is the first day of fall.
It sure doesn't seem like it.
We're still in the 90s.
The thing I dislike most about this time of year is that it's so cool in the mornings you have to put on your long sleeve shirt, hoodie, jeans, and fuzzy socks.
Then around dinner time it starts heating up, and you have to go strip down and get on your flip-flops, shorts, and tank top.
I'm telling you, someday I'm moving somewhere where there is only one season: hot.
Well, like 60 at night and 80 during the day.
Raven asked to walk over to the church this evening.
I didn't realize he wanted to attend church.
He meets a group of friends in the parking lot quite often, so I just assumed that's what he was doing.
I mean, this isn't our home church, and he didn't explain himself.
I sent Raven along as a chaperone.
He sent me a text wanting more time, so I sent a text back.
When he got back, he was complaining that church wasn't over yet and they didn't like texts being received during church.
"I told you I was going to church."
"No, you said you were going to the church. You said nothing about going to church. There is a difference between going in the building and having services and sitting in the parking lot jabbering with buddies. Clarify yourself."
"Well, you're just denying me God."
I'm like, excuse me, you've been in church regularly and faithfully since you were 3 years old. Try another line, kid.
"Well, there is a difference between being forced to go and wanting to go."
At that point, I gave up.
You can't always have a rational discussion with a teenager.
He asked to go back next Wednesday.
I guess it won't kill him.
He may end up like me and discover that certain denominations have their own personalities and quirks, but that's part of life.
I tried going to this church, and it just wasn't the right fit for me.
Live and learn, though.
I have Raven scheduled for his driver's license test.
I couldn't get him in for a day that school is out, so he'll have to miss.
He goes next month.
He said he wants to be the first one to get his license on the first try.
I think it took Peacock three tries, and Raven's buddy failed his first try also.
I'm not all that sure I'm ready for a second child to be able to drive.
They're growing up all too fast on me.
Raven filled out an application for a job at AutoZone.
He really needs that license.
Peacock went to work at 15, and it's past time for Raven to get a job.
I'm hoping he passes the first try.
Dang, they have both my favorite shows on tonight.
"Hoarding/Hoarders" and "Ghost Hunters."
Hard choice there.
Maybe I'll watch one episode of each or switch back and forth during commercials.
I've never been big on watching television, but lately I'm watching quite a lot.
I have a couple of favorites.
"Hoarders" and "Hoarding," they are separate shows on different channels.
"Ghost Hunters" and "Ghost Adventures."
Anything with Gordon Ramsay in it.
The great thing about On Demand is that I can rewatch my favorite episodes, although they don't change them out often enough and they don't always have what I'd like to see.
No comments:
Post a Comment