We woke up to a heavy frost this morning.
It was almost like it snowed.
Really pretty to see, but cold to be out in.
Brrr.
Stupid, stupid, stupid me.
I just came off as being ignorant.
I don't - I can't deal with people.
I just screw up.
Pretty much, though, they're going to keep testing Badger and go from those results.
More than likely she'll end up in Special Education, which they handle differently than they did in my days.
On the upside, she seems to be socializing more and she gave her 4H speech in front of the class, so she is making progress.
Raven is working tonight and Heron is at CA's, so it's a girls night again.
Badger and I walked up to the roadside market after school.
Occasionally when we're alone, I'll go get her a small treat.
A crew was cutting down trees in someone's yard.
We did alright going by them on the way to the store, but on the way home, we got to the bottom of the hill, away from them, when we heard this loud “whump.”
I looked up, and the power lines were shaking and rattling, and the poles all the way down the road were swaying and leaning.
I told Badger to run and get to the railroad tracks.
There are no lines above the tracks.
I was honestly afraid the whole section of power lines were coming down.
I couldn't run - I'd just walked a mile and I was lucky if I could shuffle fast, but I figured she'd be safe enough.
They swayed for a couple of minutes and then settled back down.
I wonder if that line of houses lost power.
Whatever company who was cutting trees needs to go back and learn how to cut trees by power lines.
So yeah, anyway, I think we'll go curl up in bed and find something to watch on TV.
No comments:
Post a Comment