Wednesday, January 21, 2015

One thing about a skater, they never quit, so a skater to sum it up is awesome

Well, Badger managed to get her butt out in a decent time today, but the SRO grounded me.
Yup.
I asked if I could go inside to warm up.
Even though it was nearly 60° today, I was still cold.
He said I could but made it clear I wasn’t allowed into the main school building and had to stay in the entryway.
Whatever.

You know, this kid’s grandpa walks up and down the halls in the actual school building, where all the classes are, and they never say a word to him.
He’s more of a security concern than I am, but he’s friends with the school resource officer.
I’m telling you, it feels like discrimination.

Badger stayed outside until dark, skateboarding.
Her elbow is swollen with a knot, she’s bruised from her butt down to her ankle, and she’s got road rash on both legs.
She’s working on perfecting a trick, and all I know is it involves jumping over another skateboard.
It’s obvious she’s having a hard time with it and beginning to get really frustrated.
I told her it’ll just take some time.

I had Peacock for a while, but he took off.
At his age, he doesn't tell Mamma where he's going.
I just hope he stays safe.

Raven is still at AH's. He said he'd be back tomorrow with his family, but I'm not sure if he actually will.

Heron, of course, lives with AR, and we hardly ever see him.

These days, this old house feels pretty empty.

Town day is tomorrow, but I’m not feeling up to going.
In winter, I just can’t stand getting out.

It won’t be as warm as it has been over the past few days, and that brief stretch of warmth has only made me dread the approaching cold even more.

I don’t really need to go out, but Cowboy has his set routine, and we never stray from it.
Stubborn old coot.

No comments: