My thyroid recheck was today. It was not a good day for a long drive to Powell. It was raining with heavy fog.
We left the house at 8:30 a.m. and somehow skipped the rush hour crowd and the school traffic. It wasn't so bad driving down.
We were early, like forty minutes early. That was my fault. I told Cowboy we needed to leave early, because with the weather being so bad and not knowing how traffic would be, I didn’t want us driving like a bat out of Hades to get there on time.
I sat in the car with my Facebook for about fifteen minutes and then risked just being early. Luckily, they didn't seem busy, and I was taken back fairly fast.
I have lost 9 pounds since my last appointment, that was on December 2nd. Baby Doc did a quick exam, and we had a pretty good discussion about thyroid disease and diet. He's slowly growing on me, although I still do not like discussing my bowels with someone Raven's age. He wouldn't retest my cholesterol until my June appointment, he said it was too soon to retest for it. He also said that it was my choice to take the medication or not. I told him that I had gone vegetarian, and he said that by June we should know whether diet alone will bring the cholesterol levels down. And I am not vegetarian. Some people go vegetarian because it fits what they believe in. I’m plant based because it’s better for my health. Anyway, he was surprised that no one had tested me for Hashimoto or Grave's, he said that is usually the first thing someone diagnosed with hypothyroidism is tested for. He said that seeing that it had been about thirty years since my diagnosis, if I had been Hashimoto, we're both positive Graves can be ruled out, it probably would not show up by now. I mean, I've been on medication since 1997. After the exam, I headed to the lab, and had blood drawn. The phlebotomist remembered me, and my needle phobia, I did not remember her. In my defense, I simply have no facial recognition at all. Unlike some, she didn’t hurt one bit, and it was over fast, and I was done and headed out. Well, nearly. The check-out was busy, but all in all, I took less time than expected.
I woke Cowboy and Badger up, getting in the car.
Jumping ahead in the day, my results surprisingly were back tonight, and I am not Hashimoto or Graves, and the lower dosage of Synthroid is doing fine. I'm good until June.
We quickly stopped at a new gun and knife store, Cowboy's been wanting to check it out since it opened. I didn't see any knives. I was thinking like pocketknives, nah. It was mostly guns, and Cowboy isn't interested in guns.
We came home, Cowboy hit the recliner for a quick nap, and Badger went to bed. I don't know if she napped or just played with her electronics until time to cook dinner. And yes, I offered to cook, and she told me to git. She said, because I had to fast, we'd have a feast today and then get back to being healthy tomorrow. We had stuffed peppers with meat, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, macaroni and cheese, and sweet potato fries, and yesterday's pasta, zucchini fries, and okra. Yes, ma'am, I feasted.
By the time we had eaten, it was time for Cowboy to go to work.
Badger settled down for a nap. I had plans to nap but just couldn't get to sleep. I watched TV until Heron brought Lady up.
The cats were driving me crazy, climbing the bookshelf. I was terrified they would knock Teresa's ashes off; they are in a baggie inside a box. One good tumble from the top of a bookshelf, though, well, as Badger says, we really don't want to have to vacuum up Teresa. Badger was finally awake, so I put her to work. We moved it away from the couch, more even with the TV. Then we went through all the junk on it, and Badger straightened it up. I moved the guinea pig between the shelf and the couch. And the darn cats still climb it. Oh, well, maybe Teresa will survive.
Badger and I took the trash out to the dumpster, we took Lady along to go potty. She took off to the backyard; our backyard is pretty dark at night. I didn't see Lady anywhere, but I could hear clomp, clomp, clomp, on the road. A lot of clomping. I look down, and there were deer running across the road, and deer hauling butt across the farmer's field, and a shaggy shadow giving chase. Yup, Lady. And around ten deer. I guess they may have been in Heron's garden. I yelled, and luckily Lady came right back. Later on, Cowboy told me that we needed to keep her leashed, I got lucky that she didn't keep on chasing them across the tracks, and I lost her.
We quickly headed back inside.
Badger and I had dinner together while we sat and watched TV.
Then Badger disappeared to her room.
I nearly forgot that she almost ended up having a fire.
She had a space heater plugged into an extension cord, smelled something odd, and the cord had melted.
She quickly unplugged everything.
The problem is, she only has two outlets in that room, and more things to plug in than she’s got space for.
I don't know what she'll do.
Anyway, I’ve spent most of the evening online.
It’s not like I had anything else to get into.
Tomorrow Cowboy has to take Finis to Morristown., he has a doctor appointment.
Then, Thursday, he has another appointment in Dandridge.
So, Badger and I will be alone all day.
I guess it’s more screen time and endless binge-watching.
If Cowboy gets Saturday off, we’ll wait and go to the store then instead of Friday.
We'll have more time to shop on Saturday.
I guess I'll get off of here.
No comments:
Post a Comment