Friday, September 01, 2023

“Dear gourd! It’s September already.”

We made as quick a trip to Morristown as we could.
I had no problems getting a replacement cup, although they did not have a record of anyone turning the other cup in.
It was like a $10 cup.
I don't guess they really cared that I may have been trying to scam them out of another one.

We hurried through Aldi, and in just a single day, they’d gone from fully stocked to only a few cans of my favorite potato soup. 
I decided to get one can and try pea soup.
I may gag, but I also thought the potato soup would be nasty.
I may be surprised again.

We stopped at the mom-and-pop hardware store.
Cowboy needed bearings for the lawn mower, I think.

We were home at 12:30 p.m., so we made good time.

Cowboy fed his chickens and worked on his mower until dinner time.

Badger and I just sat and watched TV until it was time to start dinner.

Today's dinner was so not healthy.
But it was microwavable, since we’re still having trust issues with our stove. 🤷
We just heated up BBQ, even though it’s definitely not healthy.
We’ve got to start our plant‑based eating again, because I feel terrible.

Cowboy and Heron headed to work.
Badger and I spent the day watching TV in between taking the dogs out to potty.

I think our vacation wore us out, and it definitely threw our routine off.

Just before 7 pm, we laced up our sneakers, grabbed a backpack, and headed out for our walk.
Oh man, I don't want to walk, but this unhealthy eating is killing my cholesterol levels.
I can guarantee you that I've gained at least a good fifteen pounds, which puts me back in that morbid obese category.
We walked just a hair from two miles.

We took Lady out to potty, then came in to grab Duffy.
We tried to sit on the she‑shed for a bit, but those mosquitoes were sucking Badger dry.
They don't seem to bother me as much as they do her.
So, back in, Badger headed to her room, and I'm here on the computer.

We have no plans for this last holiday of the summer.
I love September, I love October, but I hate November to April.
I hate the cold, and I hate how the dark comes so early.

I really wish that Cowboy would be more open‑minded.
He could retire, and we could head to some state where it at least stays warm throughout the year.
He vetoed Florida, but there is Arizona and New Mexico.
Louisiana, I don't know their temperatures, but I wouldn't mind living there.

I think I'll be heading to bed soon.

No comments: