Sunday, March 22, 2026

Sip. Savor. Sunday

Today has been hot!
We came close to breaking a record set in 1907.
That was even before my grandmother was born.

The temperature reached 84°, just shy of the 87° record.
No complaints here.
I’m like a chubby, old lizard who enjoys warmth, but only up to a certain point.

After Cowboy came home from morning services, we headed up to Morristown to Aldi.
It was pure luck that we had decided to go today.
I looked at my phone, and it was screaming that I needed to add minutes.
So we stopped at Walmart to pick up a prepaid refill card.
You used to be able to buy those anywhere, but Verizon bought Straight Talk out, and now you can only buy them at Walmart.
Sometimes that’s an inconvenience.

I was also lucky that my doctor sent my hive medication to the pharmacy, and it was ready for pickup.

We got our Aldi trip over with and grabbed a drink from Dutch Bros.
I’ve grown to love the place, but it’s still not really coffee.
Then we headed home.

Cowboy quickly settled into his recliner to watch TV.
Badger grabbed a dog and a camera and headed to the backyard to bird watch.
I curled up in my room with my book.

Like most Sundays, Cowboy went to evening service.
Badger and I got a quick little walk in, and we watched a lot of TV.

We didn’t have Raven’s kids this weekend, so we had a clean house and no work to do.

Heron fished all day.
He got home at 7:30 pm without any fish this time.
He and Cowboy are watching TV together, and I’m going to finish this up and head to the bedroom to read.







No comments: