I wake up, go outside, put out some peanuts for the woodpecker, who I didn’t even know liked peanuts, and set out a can of wet food for my stray.
I shouldn't get her used to wet food, it's kind of expensive, but the raccoons and the other stray cats eat up her dry food at night.
Since feral cats don’t live long, I think the least I can do is give her what little pleasures she can get.
I reached out to a rescue, hoping they could take her in and find her a new home, trying to save her life.
They turned us down because she's feral.
I’d love to bring her inside and work on taming her, but with Fox and Lucifer having feline leukemia virus and feline immunodeficiency virus, taking that risk with her health just isn't an option.
My other cats get their feline leukemia shots every year.
We may head out for a walk, usually down to the library.
Some days we don't.
We did walk down today and watched the ducks for a while.
The babies are getting big.
We made it home just before 11 a.m., and Cowboy rolled out of bed at 11 a.m.
He started fussing right off the bat about driving us to the store.
Marriage isn’t always pretty.
We got to Morristown, got through Walmart, with Cowboy fussing the entire time about us taking too long.
We told Cowboy we need toilet paper and he snapped at us, wouldn't buy any.
So, Badger got on Amazon, got next day delivery, and she bought a box of 80 rolls of toilet paper.
Now, it may be scratchy, it may not be pleasant to use, but by George we'll have toilet paper.
If he continues to be this cranky about us having to go out for needed groceries, I may just start getting groceries delivered.
This was our weekly shopping trip.
Expensive or not, it would make things easier than managing the trip when he's in a mood.
We stopped at Aldi, the gas station, the tobacco shop, CVS, and Tractor Supply.
While Cowboy was getting chicken feed, Badger and I went in the Goodwill mostly to just get out of the hot car.
Cowboy refuses to run the air conditioner, and sometimes just rolled-down windows don't cut it.
We made it back at 2:30 p.m., and with Cowboy off today, that ended up being good timing.
Badger and I headed to our bedrooms, after the groceries were put up, and Cowboy went to his recliner to take a nap.
I try to be understanding.
He got home from work around 4:30 a.m. this morning, and he’s almost 70 years old.
On the other hand, he knows that Badger and I can’t drive.
He knows we have no other way of getting our weekly groceries in.
I just wish he'd be a little more patient with us instead of rushing us through the store.
If we switch to getting paid every two weeks, like they’re tossing around, I’m guessing we’ll have to do some bulk buying.
I’ve never been on that kind of paycheck, so I can’t say for sure.
He can't rush us through the store, or as Badger likes to say, we can't do Marine Corps shopping.
If we end up with a week where no paycheck comes in, and we’re already living from check to check, then we need to stock up enough food and basics to last until the next one.
Cowboy finally woke up at 4:30 p.m. and headed to the yard.
Other than coming inside to eat supper quickly, he stayed outside until 9:30 p.m.
When we got our mail, the post office had placed a neon orange paw print on the inside of the mailbox door.
From
what I understand, it’s part of their PAWS program to let carriers know
there’s a dog at the address so they can come in cautiously.
After having the post office say we own pit bulls and now getting the sticker, I decided to be a little petty.
I designed and ordered a sticker with Lady and Duffy's picture on it.
It clearly shows they're not pits, and it lets the post office see exactly what dogs are at my house.
To be clear, I fully support mail carrier safety and understand the importance of the PAWS program. What I don’t appreciate is being singled out.
We walked the neighborhood, and ours was the only place tagged with that neon orange sticker.
Even the house with the dog that bit the mail carrier didn’t have one.
(Most of the mailboxes around here stay wide open, and some don’t even have doors anymore.)
If you’re going to run a safety program, then do it the same for everybody instead of slapping labels on whoever you feel like.
Badger and I ate supper, then we walked down to the library. Then we headed into my bedroom and watched some TV.
Actually we're still in there.
I can blog on the tablet, but I have to add the pictures and clean everything up on the computer.
We have no plans for tomorrow.
Monday we have to head to West Knoxville for Badger to go to an appointment.
I hate, I loathe that trip on the interstate.
Let's get on out of here.
.jpg)

.png)

No comments:
Post a Comment