Tuesday, June 02, 2026

“Things look ordinary until they’re not.”

We went to town.
Cowboy had to pick something up from Lowe's, and then we got Badger’s medication.

We came home, and eventually, Cowboy headed to work, and Badger headed outside.
She's using old pizza pans and scrap wood to make me little birdie buffets to sit on the ground.

I didn't feel like doing much, so I played my online game.

Everything was going fine until Badger walked in, glanced at Lady, did a double take, and hurried off to get a flashlight.
The poor dog was bleeding badly and swollen on one side.
The left side of my house looks like a crime scene.

We sent a message to Heron, who freaked out and told us to get some Benadryl.
We walked down to the RV, grabbed a pack of Benadryl, came up, dosed the dog, and kept our fingers crossed.

She just kept digging and digging and digging at that side of her body, and we couldn't stop her.

Heron finally got home from work and gave her a bath and some ice cubes to suck on.
Apparently, giving her ice cubes distracts her, and she'll stop digging at her skin.
She's been here a good six years, and this is the first time he's told us this?!

We can't figure out what's going on.
All Badger and I can think of is she that she went outside and took a couple good rolls in the grass.
We have ant hills all over the yard.
She has rolls of skin.
Maybe something hitched a ride in one of her skin rolls.
It either ate her up or just irritated her.

Then Badger stayed outside for a long time working on her bird feeders.
The strange thing was that today wasn't hot at all.
If anything, it was rather chilly.
She still came in shaky and not feeling well, then hit the couch.
It felt like I was stuck inside an episode of “Grey's Anatomy”.

I hope tomorrow goes better.
Oh, no, never mind.
I'll jinx us.
We have to go on that darn interstate.
Badger has an ultrasound appointment at the Duck Pond.

And the cherry on top of all this?
I don't want to tempt fate, but if Cowboy is right, we're looking at another shift change.
He lied.
He said there would be no changes, and by George, they're going to be changes out of our keisters.

No comments: