Sunday, May 31, 2026

Sundays are for slowing down and staying in

There really isn't a lot to write about today.

Heron headed to his girlfriend's house.
He remembered to turn the air conditioner on for his cats today.
I went down once, and the three catio cats were on their catio.
I assume the tortie was back under her bed.

Cowboy went to morning church service, and while he was gone, Badger scrubbed the house, gave the cats flea medicine, and sanitized all the bird feeders.
She also tossed out cat food with flea medicine mixed in for poor Imp.
Being feral didn’t spare her from it.
 
She almost never comes out in the daytime, so the food’s still out there dried out and nasty, but I’m hoping she’ll eat it.
If not, the raccoon will get flea medicine.

I sometimes wonder if readers ever question why Badger is constantly cleaning up in each post.
It's part of her OCD.
She always says somebody has to do it, but I don’t think that’s actually the reason.

As for me, I had a lazy day.
I walked a lot yesterday.

I blogged and watched TV, finally finished my book, and played my online game.
I also took one of Cowboy's tests for him.
The other one went down for maintenance.
I'll get it tomorrow.

Badger and I ate supper and took a small walk, basically from the field to the wolf dog house.
We came home and went to my bedroom to watch TV.

I found a new series on Netflix that has a lot of the actors from the 1980s in it. 
I had to Google her to make sure it was actually Geena Davis, since she looked so different.
But then again, she's 70 years old now. 
I started watching it because the man who played Armand Gamache in “Three Pines” is in it.

Cowboy came home from evening service, ate supper, and headed outside until 9:30 pm.
I suspect he was taking care of a problem with the chickens.

I'm on my tablet and will have to clean this up in the morning or sometime tomorrow.

Badger and I both have doctor appointments.
Same office, different doctors.

Mine is a yearly.
Hers is just a checkup to be sure she's tolerating her medication.

I'll be saying goodbye to my doctor.
I start all over yet again.
My longtime doctor retired three years ago.
I got this new doctor, who is now leaving his practice to be able to be with his family more.
Now I'll get another new doctor, who I hope is the last new doctor I'll have to go to.
She’s young, and being a woman means maternity leave could come up someday.
I’m hoping that’s not anytime soon.

I'm getting off of here.

No comments: