Monday, July 07, 2008

Prayers for Our Family During This Difficult Time




Mom died this morning around 11 a.m.

Badger, Peacock, Raven, and Heron were with her.

Mom's baby sister called from her other job to ask us to get a blood pressure reading.

She said she just had a feeling it needed to be checked.

The hospice CNA got a faint reading and guessed it was around 60/40, although it was extremely hard to get.

Uncle stepped into the hall to call Aunt back and told her the reading.

The nursing home CNA went to get a blood oxygen meter because they couldn't get a pulse.

Hospice was on her right side, saying, "Charlotte, Charlotte, baby."

I was on her left, rubbing her shoulder.

She blinked twice.

I said, "It's OK. You're not alone. We're with you."

She took a deep breath, held it, then let it out, and she was gone.

Uncle hadn't even been out of the room five minutes, and he had to call back to let Aunt know.

We got to the nursing home around 9:30 this morning and sat with her.

She was the same as she had been, but slowly she began turning dark blue on her hands, nails, knees, and nose.

She didn't seem to be in any pain, and she never regained consciousness.

She will be buried Wednesday in her hometown in a private graveside service with only immediate family in attendance, as she requested.


“6: For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure.

7: I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

8: Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day, and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.”

  • 2 Timothy 4:6-8


Today is also mine and Cowboy's 18th wedding anniversary.