We had another incident with Badger around 4 a.m. this morning.
I let the doctor know, but since she has an appointment on Monday, I figure it’s not urgent enough to go in before then.
It’s like her body jumps up, starts walking, and then bam, she’s on the floor.
She stayed on the couch the rest of the night, and I curled up in that darn recliner so I could be right there if she needed me.
I don’t know how Cowboy can nap in that hard recliner, and it won’t even go all the way back, so you’re basically sleeping upright.
I had a heck of a four‑hour cat nap.
I don’t think I ever fully went to sleep.
I’ve felt off all day, tired and sluggish, with my head so foggy I can’t think straight.
I’m cranky, downright cranky.
Badger had a box of books delivered this morning, not cheap books, but rather expensive books.
The carrier left them on the sidewalk and didn’t even try to walk them onto the porch.
I called the post office, but they brushed me off.
There are no rules saying a postal carrier has to deliver packages to the porch.
Okay, I looked it up, and yes, that’s true.
So I said, “Well, what if it had been raining? Those books would have been ruined.”
He said, “But it wasn’t raining.”
Yeah, but it could have been.
Someone could have walked off with them.
I hated his little smug attitude, so I filed a formal complaint with the Postal Service.
Our last town day of May.
Where the heck did May run off to?!
Time seems to be just flying.
Mentioning time flying, I read an article saying the Earth’s been spinning a little faster, and our days are just a hair shorter now.
There’s been talk about taking a second off the clock so time can keep up.
Just a little scary, that.
Well, as we were heading to Jefferson City, the post office called.
It was a woman who never said what she did, just gave her name.
She apologized and said she’d work with her carriers.
Then probably ten minutes later she called back and told me the carrier was terrified of my pit bull and didn’t want to get close to the house because the screen door was open.
Last week a carrier had been delivering a package to a house and a pit bull charged out of the screen door and bit them on the hand.
And there was an incident at my house about six months ago.
Well, alright.
I told her I have a golden retriever, not a pit bull.
Okay, not entirely true, but that’s pretty close to what Lady is.
Lady's a Nova Scotia Tolling Duck Retriever mix but dang, that's a mouthful.
We'll go with golden retriever.
I understand the carriers fearing for their safety.
And yes, my door was open this morning, but my dog wasn’t even barking.
Normally Lady barks her fool head off, but this morning she was snoring.
So nothing got fixed.
My packages will still get dumped on the sidewalk, and we’ll have to watch the delivery times close.
We got our groceries and made it home at 1:20 p.m.
On the old shift, that would’ve been terrible timing.
On this one, it’s not as rough.
We got the groceries unloaded and put up.
Cowboy went out to take care of his chickens.
And for the third time, he’s come home from work hauling pit chickens.
Heron says that pen’s overflowing.
We ate dinner, and Cowboy didn’t get his nap in until 2:48 p.m., which isn’t good, not by a long shot.
The living room TV is huge compared to my bedroom one.
Badger says it’s so clear you can see every pore on the actors’ faces.
It turned into a sit‑and‑watch‑TV day.
Badger didn’t want to do anything, and I didn’t either.
Some days are just like that.
We took a quick walk almost to the senior center, but the smell hit us and we turned around.
Who knew a dead snake could stink that bad.
Then we came back to our TV watching.
I picked up a tick, and Badger had to pull it off.
I’m not very good at dealing with ticks.
Bloody little monsters.
It’s a good thing it hadn’t burrowed in, because Badger can’t handle the sight of blood at all.
My skin’s been crawling all night.
We lost the only way we had to keep up with the kids.
I’ve never said I don’t want to be in the kids’ lives, only that I don’t want to have to live with them.
Now that connection is gone.
There isn’t anything we can do.
Some things are just out of our control, and what I think about that… well, I can’t say on a public blog.
I guess I’ll head to bed.
Badger’s on the couch, and she looks ready to fall asleep any minute.
No comments:
Post a Comment