Happy unofficial first day of summer.
When Memorial Day comes around people think about warm weather and cookouts, but it’s always been more than that for me.
I come from a family with a lot of military service.
I’m a daughter of a veteran, a niece of a veteran, and a granddaughter of a veteran.
My great-uncle was killed in Belgium in World War II.
So Memorial Day has always been more than just another day to me.
Today is a time to honor those who never came back and the families who found the strength to carry on without them.
Heron headed to his girlfriend's house this morning.
He should be back tomorrow.
Cowboy woke up before 11 a.m., but that still kind of messed up him getting some sleep in before work.
Badger and I took a little walk, just to get out of the house.
We came back and headed to my room to watch TV.
Cowboy took care of his chickens and was back asleep by 2 p.m.
It didn’t seem like any time before Cowboy was heading off to work.
Badger went outside for a little while.
I was on the computer, of course.
Once she came back inside, we just watched TV all evening.
We don’t really do exciting holidays around here anymore.
There aren’t big gatherings or anything like that.
They’re just another ordinary day.
Blogging is a 24-year habit for me.
My day doesn’t feel right until I write it down.
Not every day gives me something funny or wild to talk about.
Sometimes it’s just a walk, a TV show, and whoever was around that day.
With that, I'm off of here.
.png)




No comments:
Post a Comment