We’ll call this a short and sweet post, just to keep myself in the habit of writing.
Badger felt bad all day.
She mostly lay around, so it was a stay-in type of day.
A lot of TV, a lot of doing nothing.
Well, mostly.
Cowboy has been complaining his regular phone hasn't been working for a while. I went to put his phone card on today, and Badger about had a cow. The battery was bulging out the back, and apparently that's very, very bad.
So he and I headed up to Walmart to replace the phone. It's very rare we go anywhere without Badger, so it felt a bit odd.
We didn't linger. We just got the phone and came home.
With a rotisserie chicken because Badger didn't feel like cooking, and she asked for one before we left.
After that, it was a stay‑in day, give or take Cowboy going to work.
Sometimes life slows down to a softer rhythm.
Maybe that’s why the small stuff and old memories slip back in.
Today would have been my grandmother's birthday, her 115th. She's been gone 38 years. A blink of the eye it sometimes feels like.
With that, I'm closing and going back to the Agatha Christie movie. Badger thought I liked Agatha Christie books; I told her I never could get into them.
But the movie was good.
No comments:
Post a Comment