There isn’t much to write about.
The days all seem to blend together.
We wake up, watch TV, play on the computer, take walks.
It’s just how things go around here.
Soup beans, fried potatoes, and corn bread.
I tried a new cornbread mix. I've got lazy and quit making it from scratch.
It was nasty.
The texture was awful.
But it did say specifically to make it in a larger pan, and I cooked it in a small cast iron skillet.
That made it too thick.
I might try it again.
Do it like they call for it.
Other than that, the day went by just like any other.
Well, Heron went to the river to fish.
He came home limping, and slightly crooked.
He said it hurt to sit.
He brought home one little fish and made himself a fish sandwich.
I know that our food doesn't grow magically, and it has to be slaughtered to be consumed.
But the thought of that little fish swimming happily a few hours before and now in pieces on my porch kind of gagged me.
Not enough for me to go full on vegan, though.
Alright, I'm off of here, go see if I can finish up “Dune.”

No comments:
Post a Comment