Monday, May 20, 2019

Squeeze A Boob Save A Life

We were up at 5 am to get to Fountain City at 6 am, we made it with ten minutes to spare.

The original plan was for Cowboy and Badger to stay in the car, but they came in with me and stayed.

I go back, and I had no preparation at all and no explanation of what to expect.
Then I see their little machine.
I’m very, very claustrophobic, so I tell the tech that right away.
He seemed a little grumpy and didn’t really understand why I was so nervous about his machine.

He ran it through so I could see how it worked.
I asked if Cowboy could be with me, and thankfully he agreed.
The only other option was to reschedule and have a sedative.
Nope, not happening.

So he injects me with the radioactive dye, it stung of course, but he was surprisingly gentle, and I went out and sat in the lobby for about an hour.

They had that office so cold all three of us were shivering, my teeth chattered!

I went back, and the machine really freaked me out, but since it didn’t completely enclose me, I managed to avoid another panic attack.
Knowing Cowboy was there to rescue me if needed also made me feel better.

Got that over with, back to the lobby for another long wait.

Went back for the treadmill test.
OK, I’m embarrassed.
I lasted two minutes before I got out of breath.

Hey, if I had food in me (I hadn’t eaten since Saturday night at this point) and maybe a little caffeine, I could probably have lasted a bit longer.
It’s hard when you have no energy and you’re a professional couch potato.

Got that finished up, and the nice little lady talked to the mammogram lady, and they slid me on in early.
The mammogram wasn't at all bad, embarrassing, but not bad.

At this point, my IV was out, and I could have gone and eaten, but it was still breakfast time and Badger doesn't really do breakfast food, so I opted to just sit and finish and grab some lunch.

It was well past 10 am before I had the second scan and could finally leave.

I won't know how it goes until Dr. L goes over it.





It was 11 am and lunchtime by the time we got out, Cowboy stopped at Mc Donald's, I think we all were glad to see food.
It was a little embarrassing though, I had $5 that I had hidden back for doctor parking and Cowboy raided his change jar, so we paid with a $5 bill and a heck of a lot of change.
We ordered from the $1 menu and kept things as frugal as possible, but still ended up needing to use the change.

We came home and all of us hit the bed or recliner in Cowboy's case.

We slept until time for Cowboy to go to work.

I'm still a little groggy and run down.

Mostly we've sat around, neither of us has much energy.
It was just a tiring day.

Tomorrow I'll have to deep clean the house and catch up on laundry, but for tonight I'm being lazy.

I have made an effort to drink, drink, drink to flush that dye out.
I'm not much of a big drinker, but I've forced myself to drink like a fish.

My vein is swollen where the IV was, but hopefully, that will go down soon.

Oh, I have to repeat the mammogram, which she said would probably happen because there was no baseline for them to compare it to.
It was my first mammogram, so I’ll have to schedule that.
It will be an ultrasound this time.
Apparently, I have fatty boobs.

I hate being a woman sometimes.

No comments: