Friday, June 12, 2020

Danger noodle

Even though we still don't need too many groceries, we went to the store today anyway.

I think mostly we go because Cowboy is in the habit of going, although we always need bread and guinea pig parsley.

Those have to be bought fresh.

The shelves are still shockingly empty and seem to be emptier each time we go.

I'll never get used to that.

We picked up a rotisserie chicken from Food City, came home, had dinner, and Cowboy went to work.

Heron came by after his daddy left.
He's a sneaky little booger.

We were outside with him for, oh, a long time.

He made a memorial garden for Lulu.
He even had an arch he's hoping to grow morning glories and decorative pumpkins over.

He waited until Daddy left because he knows Cowboy doesn't want anything in his blankity blank yard that he has to mow around.



It's going to be pretty down there once everything starts growing.

He also planted flowers on Sabrina and Agatha's graves a while back.

Those are coming in right pretty now.

Agatha loved lying in the flower beds.

We were resting in the she-shed while Heron planted the seeds.

I looked over, and I kid you not, I swear Heron's dog licked a snake.

I mean, the dog and the snake were snout to snout, and the snake looked insulted, if snakes can look insulted.

Heron's dog drools and her muzzle is constantly wet.

I walked down to make sure I was seeing what I thought I saw.
From the she-shed, all you could really see was a swaying head.

I stayed out of striking range.
I'm crazy, not suicidal.

I think it was just a big old black rat snake.

It slithered on off into the neighbor's junk pile.

Cowboy needs to go over and insist that the neighbor move his junky shed off of our side of the yard and clean up that area.

Not only does it attract snakes, but it also attracts rats.

According to our deed and the survey we had done, the neighbor has put his shed about two to three feet over the property line on our side.

We've tolerated it for over twenty years, but now the shed is starting to fall down.

He has old tires and wood piled up behind it, and it's the perfect hiding place for snakes.

After Heron left, I quickly took a shower to get dog drool off me.
Heron's roommate even laughs about how wet everything is after Lady roams about.

Shar-Peis are huge droolers, and apparently Lady takes more characteristics of a Shar-Pei than whatever she's mixed with, which I suspect is a retriever.

I just can't handle drool.

Thank goodness Duff doesn't drool.
That might have been the deal-breaker in keeping him.

After my shower, Badger and I had pizza and a movie, inside where it was cool.

We just got way too hot out there helping Heron.

It's been a long day and I'm ready for bed and my fans.

No comments: