The trees have declared war on me!
Seriously, I’m allergic to everything that grows in Tennessee.
I woke up with the headache from hades.
Even so, I still had to fight the government to get Badger a new insurance card.
Her TennCare doesn’t cover anything we actually need, so we’ve kept her on Cowboy’s insurance and didn’t even notice her TennCare card expired four years ago.
She’s on permanent TennCare because of her autism, but the card itself was useless.
If Cowboy retires, she’ll still have coverage, but it won’t be anything like what she gets under his insurance.
I also dug around until I found the company newspaper article where they celebrated his years with the company.
It felt like a scavenger hunt because their website is basically one big maze.
Then I went in and made biscuits from one of those mix‑in‑a‑pouch packets while Badger cooked dinner.
After that I took a Tylenol with coffee, which set Badger off squawking that I shouldn’t be doing that.
I followed that with a glass of orange juice and a small bottle of water, just in case I was dehydrated.
I had dinner, took one of those mini naps Badger calls them, and by the time I woke up, Cowboy was heading to work.
Badger and I took a couple of tiny walks around the neighborhood, mostly just to stretch our legs and escape the house for a minute.
Peacock has always said the house is making us sick, and I do feel better when I’m outside.
The minute I step back in, my head gets achy and fuzzy all over again.
I doubt a seventy-seven-year-old house is anywhere close to clean.
There’s bound to be mold hiding all over and generations of dust hiding in places we can’t even see.
Mostly, today ended up being another day where I watched TV.
I can’t stand when people post vague hints on the Facebook town page, though I guess it’s really none of our business.
From what I can tell, an eleven-year-old from the local school died by suicide because of bullying.
That’s terrible.
That’s the same age as Gealach.
I don’t think my generation ever even thought about that.
We didn’t have access to the whole world back then.
There was no TikTok, YouTube, or all the other things kids can stumble upon today.
I was bullied from kindergarten to twelfth grade.
I dreaded school, but the thought of killing myself never crossed my mind.
There was a time or two I felt like killing the bully, but I never acted out on it.
I guess I’m just too old to understand the new generation.
Jane just isn’t in the mood to blog.
I don’t like this world I find myself living in.
It’s so full of hate, so cold, so mean.
Yeah, just not feeling it tonight.
.jpg)
USE!.png)

No comments:
Post a Comment