The weather guys keeps saying it was 50 degrees today.
I strongly disagree.
Badger and I took a little walk just to get out of the house and away from the TV.
The wind was blowing, and it was downright cold.
By the time I came home, my ears were numb.
I grabbed Skunk-Ape off my desk and held him up to my ears until they warmed up.
Skunk-Ape didn't mind. He just thought he was being cuddled, not used as a furry heater.
If he hadn't wanted to be nabbed, he shouldn't have jumped up on my desk yowling.
We must have slept through a pretty good storm Sunday night into early Monday morning.
One of the old trees at the cemetery was down.
I don't think it was lightning.
I think it was the wind.
We have a cedar in the backyard that Cowboy has been putting off cutting down for years, even though it keeps leaning more and more every year.
He might want to seriously consider cutting it this year.
I'd hate to have it fall on either our house or the neighbor’s house.
We were sitting here watching TV when we heard this weird noise coming from the laundry room.
We went back, and the water heater was making a noise.
Well, the video says it better than I can.
Cowboy says it's fine. It's fine.
I'm still not running any hot water tonight, so no washing dishes or Badger's three-hour shower.
We'll do that in the morning when Cowboy is at home.
It's probably fine.
It's a new water heater, but it did this until 10 p.m.
That was roughly three hours of hearing it.
With her autism, OCD, depression, and ADHD, she just doesn't do well with all the noise and the mess when Raven's kids are here.
There's really not much I can do about it.
Raven can't afford to move out. Rent is sky-high, and after child support on four kids, there just isn't much money left.
They're all neurodiverse, but it shows up differently in each of them.
They scream, holler, fight, and leave behind messes bigger than we can handle.
It's a lot for Badger to deal with, especially since she's neurodiverse herself.
We've tried talking, putting up signs, and setting expectations, but nothing seems to have made a difference.
I wish I looked forward to having my grandchildren here.
Instead, I find myself dreading the weekend before it even gets here, and that makes me sad.
Right now, there just isn't a workable solution.
I know we're not the only family living in a multigenerational home, but that doesn't make it any easier.
This isn't where I was going tonight.
It's Wednesday, and tomorrow is Thursday, which means Badger and I will start getting the house ready for the weekend.
Lately that's become even more work because the kids have started getting into things that could be dangerous.
Locking a few cabinets just isn't enough anymore.
OK, we'll stop here before I start really ranting and raving.
I'll go back to “The X-Files” and keep my fingers crossed the water heater doesn't explode.
What?
Cowboy said they do explode.
.jpg)


USE!.png)




