Badger had an appointment with the dentist, which didn't go so well this time. After we left there, we grabbed a drink from Dutch Bros, came home, and Cowboy went right to sleep in his recliner.
Badger headed to her room for a while, and I got on the computer, still trying to figure the new beast out. I'm calling her Dolly Parton because she's so flashy, everything lights up from the mouse to the keyboard to the tower. By lights up, I mean bright neon colors that glow and keep shifting around. Badger did figure out how to turn that setting off, but why have a gaming computer if you don't let it be flashy? I’m not really using most of its features, since gaming just isn’t my thing. It may as well be flashy.
Eventually Badger and I ate dinner, and Cowboy snorted awake to eat his.
Cowboy headed outside to mow.
I'm with Badger there.
He complains he feels bad, but yet he just has to mow every other day.
If you don't feel good, then maybe mow once a week, a little bit of tall grass isn't going to hurt anything.
It would be kind of fine if he just mowed our yard, but he keeps mowing the neighbor’s yard.
She asked him to mow last summer because she was pregnant.
She never asked him to keep mowing for all of eternity.
A tall, unkempt yard is the least of this house’s problems.
We're already the trashiest house on the block.
Cowboy and Heron are, to be nice about it, collectors, so the yard is competing with the Junkyard Guy's house as to who has the messiest yard.
Junkyard Guy owns most of the houses from the school to the library, and he's a collector.
Well, all these new people are moving in and having a hissy fit because of his yards.
Yards plural because he owns, off the top of my head, six houses that are either falling down or have yards full of stuff.
They want to get rid of him, but they don't understand. His family is one of the original settlers of the town. He's an eyesore, but his family has been here since Moses came in on the Mayflower. He was here long before any of these people moved in.
We, thankfully, aren't in such an obvious area. So far no one is witching about us.
He finished up and came back inside to his recliner until time to go to work.
Badger and I ended up in my bedroom watching TV. Pierce Brosnan as a Texas cowboy is starting to get to us. We're trying to finish up that series. It only has two seasons, I think.
We looked outside, and the streetlight was on, and it looked dark as night. So we headed outside for Badger to take some storm pictures. Well, that was a disappointment. The tint made it look darker than it actually was. The storm was just a few rumbles of thunder, a few drops of rain, and a little bit of wind. I don't think there even was any lightning.
This time, though, to be safe, I turned the computer off.
We came inside. Badger headed to her room, and I headed to mine. I read until time for Cowboy to go to work.
Badger and I ended the day with pizza and a movie.
Heron is at his girlfriend’s house tonight, so it's just us.
It's been a while since it's been just the two of us.
I've gotten used to the security having Heron here gives.
I've spent almost all of my married life alone at night.
I'm used to it, and I enjoy it, if we're being honest.
The truth is, in this day and age, it’s better to have another male around than for it to be known that only two females are alone all night.
Heron exercises his Second Amendment rights.
I'm heading back to the movie.
4 comments:
Good to have Heron around! We exercise out Second Amendment rights here too! You almost have to these days!
Jeanette: I’m glad Heron’s here, although he says he’ll be gone by the first of the year. And you’re right, it’s smart to stay prepared. Things have gotten wicked out there.
it sounds like an interesting neighbourhood...LOL My dad was like your hubby, he would mow his own grass then mow others. Finally he is too old to do even his own. It did keep him mobile and healthier, so it can be a good thing..........
Gill: My neighborhood is, let’s say, different.. We have chickens, the neighbor has a donkey, there are cows behind the library, and horses behind the Presbyterian church. The whole stretch between the library and the school has old abandoned buildings that are overgrown with weeds and slowly falling down. It’s an interesting little neighborhood.😊
Sounds like your dad was a hard worker.
I agree, keeping busy and doing things does help keep your mind sharp and keeps you moving easier.
With my husband, he works third shift, and I just wish he’d remember he’s not thirty anymore and rest a little more.
Post a Comment