I’m just sitting here wondering where all the hours went.
The day went faster than I thought it would.
Cowboy didn't wake up until noon.
He ate his breakfast, then went right back to sleep.
He slept until close to 4 p.m., when he went out to take care of his chickens, and then he cleaned out his work truck really well.
He takes eggs to work with him, and somehow he busted some.
He said his truck stunk and had maggots.
I told him that I could have done without knowing that.
He vacuumed and used the upholstery cleaner on it.
Badger was in her room all day.
Heron works, of course.
Whatever was wrong with his back seemed to have worked the kink out of it.
But if he starts tugging, moving, and lifting heavy stuff, it’ll just lock up again.
I spend my days on the computer.
It might not matter to anyone else, but I’m determined to fix every mistake and glitch and have most of the posts back up by the end of the year.
The more I read through the blog, the more mistakes jump out at me.
At the very least, it helps fill the long, quiet hours.
We've had two storms go through, neither of them severe.
One hit late this afternoon, and here it is about 10 p.m., and it's storming again.
That lightning is wicked, and the thunder is just booming.
Hopefully we keep the power on this time.
Heron said he's going to have to get up early in the morning and go up to Newport to make sure the goats made it through the night.
They were getting worse storms than we had, and it usually floods up there.
Newport is thirty-six miles from our house.
He wasn’t too sure their house would keep them dry.
They've learned to climb up on it and tear it down.
He was out in the carport cutting up boards to take to his girlfriend's and fix that when the lightning started dancing.
Seeing that, he figured he’d better head into the house.
All the grandkids are back in school and oh my gosh.
Baby Vier started Headstart today.
I wasn't ready for that yet.
We haven't seen any of the grandkids all summer.
Maybe one or two times.
My memory stinks.
I never said that I didn't want to see my grandkids.
I just said that I didn't want to live with them.
There's a huge difference there.
It is what it is, I guess.
I'm still bracing myself for Raven to move back in.
While I miss the grandkids, I don't miss having them here every single weekend.
I've enjoyed not having to clean up messes and hear screaming at the crack of dawn.
It’s only a matter of time before he moves back in.
We humans are full of contradictions.
With that, I'm heading back to my show.
This is the very last episode in the series.
It ends on a cliffhanger because the show was canceled just as they were about to start filming the next season.
From reading, I know they meant for the man to live, and then they'd take a season to figure out who shot him.
But it ends with him bleeding out on his kitchen floor.
Actually wasn’t that the whole “Who Shot J.R.?” thing?
No comments:
Post a Comment