Since we were already out, and it was a pleasant morning, we kept walking.
We walked down to the seal dog house, then up around behind Pappaw C's house, and for once, we went up the hill in front of Pappaw C's, then headed on home.
By the time we got home, Badger said she wasn't feeling good, so she came in and headed to her room.
Of course, I'm rather stuck in the living room until Cowboy wakes up.
I sat down at my computer, loaded up Facebook, and the first thing that popped up was “Today is Peacock's birthday!”
Argh, dang it, I'd forgotten.
Well, I mean, I know when he was born, I was there, trust me.
I just didn't realize the 21st had snuck up on me already.
I quickly sent him his yearly “glad you were born” text and went over to Canva to make his happy birthday announcement for Facebook.
By that time, Cowboy was awake, so after he ate breakfast, I sat with him and we did his monthly test.
Luckily, today’s test was only five minutes long, and anime style.
I like those.
It's like watching a cartoon, although I don't think I absorbed any lesson from it.
Hopefully Cowboy did.
It's what he's supposed to know after all.
Today was something about corporate AI and people using it to gain access to company passwords and company data.
I really wasn't paying attention.
I think, though, that if you use Messenger or chat, AI and, I assume, hackers can gain access to your passwords.
By the time we'd finished the test, Heron had woken up, gathered his things, and headed to his girlfriend's for the night.
That meant that once Cowboy left for work, it was just Badger and me alone for the rest of the night.
Cowboy went back to sleep until he disappeared outside around 1:30 p.m.
I didn’t see any reason to stay off the computer, whether I was feeling bad or not.
I'm not sick, you know, as in gagging, throwing up, running to the bathroom.
I just don't feel good.
I’m bound and determined to get my blog posts back up with the mistakes fixed.
Anybody else up worrying about it?
Probably not.
But I am, so here we are.
Eventually, dinner got eaten, and Badger and I went into my bedroom to watch TV for a bit.
Badger didn't want to watch but one episode.
We finished that one up and she went back to her room.
I just went back into the living room until Cowboy went to work.
He was dozing off again in his recliner.
Pretty much, that's how the rest of the evening has gone.
Cowboy goes to work so late now. There's not much time between him leaving and bedtime.
This was just one of the days when Badger didn't want company.
And that's fine.
She's an adult.
I managed to get more old posts corrected and back up. It's not as easy or as quick as one would think. When Blogger glitches, Blogger really glitches. Some posts had triplicates and pieces missing, and I have to go to my private blog or my archive email to figure out how to restore the darn things. I'm blaming Blogger, but it could have just as easily been a Firefox glitch or both.
Badger decided to give the dogs a bath. Duffy didn't appreciate that. I'm with her. He has webbed feet and a water-resistant coat, so he should, in theory, be a water-type dog. Yet the frankenmutt is terrified of water. Lady, on the other hand, definitely has Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever in her ancestry but no webbed feet. She just loves the water and isn't a problem to bathe.
It looks like Badger has decided she wants to watch TV in my room. It's 10 p.m., so a strange time to decide to watch TV, but OK, whatever. I can watch TV, although this late at night, being in bed, I may doze off.
I've had at least four cups of coffee today. I kind of lost count, and one of those was an espresso. Usually that would keep a person awake all night. With my ADHD, it just calms me down and puts me to sleep.
Before I forget, we had a near disaster tonight.
Badger got confused and took the same antidepressant twice.
Luckily, she's on a small dosage so it's not as bad as it could be.
And it wasn’t one of her higher-dose pills.
I had her take all of her medication, get freezer bags, and put them each in a bag clearly labeled.
I had to do that because I started mixing up my thyroid medication and my hive medication.
It seems like the physical act of picking up a bag and having to see, for me, a T or an H in bright red helps.
Now I'm getting off of here.

6 comments:
Hope your son had a lovely birthday? What sort of test does your hubby have to do every month, and why?
Gill: Thank you. 😊
I hope he did. I didn't get to see or talk to him yesterday, but I'm hoping he had a good birthday.
My oldest son is always super busy with work, and he's taking classes again, so I don't always get to keep in touch with him as much as I'd like.
The plant requires employees to watch monthly training videos and take a test on what they've watched. It's all based on things they might experience at work, like safety equipment, heat safety, and things like that.
My husband has moved into management, so now he's having to do training on AI safety and phishing, and being careful when opening emails, things like that.
He has some difficulty with reading and writing, and he's much more hands-on than he is with books. So I actually just take the tests for him.
He's worked at the plant for 48 years, so he knows the job inside and out. He's a little less knowledgeable when it comes to computers, but he can usually wing it when he needs to.
The training and tests are required, and if you don't complete them, they can actually fire you.
Belated happy birthday to Peacock. Hopefully you and Badger are feeling better. I am not a fan of AI. I truly believe this will not turn out well. I am influenced by the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey and HAL. HAL was my first thought when AI became a major part of the collective conversation. The lust for money is rushing us into something that will likely be regretted. Sorry, Debbie Downer here. I hope you have a good Sunday.
Sandra: Thank you for the birthday wishes for my older son.😊
I think maybe it’s just that time of year. The three of us still aren’t feeling all that great.
It’s okay to be a Debbie Downer sometimes.
I’ve never seen 2001, but I did watch The X-Files, where AI just flat out went rogue and started murdering people.
My kids are all against AI, more because of the environmental impact than anything.
I have mixed feelings. I suspect someday it may actually take over the world, but on the other hand, it’s a darn good proofreader, which I need. I do my own writing. It just cleans up the spelling and grammar. I do agree that the rush to make money from AI is concerning, though. Sometimes it seems like companies are moving as fast as they can without stopping to think about what could go wrong.
I hope you have a wonderful Sunday
Well, Happy Birthday to Peacock! Hope you and Badger are feeling better now.
Jeanette: Thank you! I appreciate the birthday wishes for my oldest son 😊
We’re still under the weather, but hopefully we’ll be feeling better soon.
Post a Comment