Wednesday, September 09, 2026

“All the noise in my brain. I clamp it to the page so it will be still.” — Barbara Kingsolver

Blogs aren't being updated in my reading list.
I have to actually go to the blogs I read to see if they're posting or not.
When I comment, I have to go to Firefox because Edge insists on only using my Google name, not my Blogger name.
The comment box is distorted and very hard to use.
It just seems to me that Blogger is making things harder, making it more difficult to blog.

I'm starting to worry that Blogger is on the way out.
If we're being honest, a lot of people have stopped blogging for one reason or the other.
Instagram and Facebook are faster, I've been told.
It seems like the ones who are still blogging are in that 50 plus age range.

I started blogging with Badger's birth and have no plans to stop unless Blogger poofs in the night.
Luckily, if I stop being so lazy, my posts are backed up and safe off of Blogger.
I just need to get a fire lit under my butt to get all the posts proofread and republished.

I can't say that there's very much to write about today.
The blog is my diary.
I've said that over and over and over.
So even when I don't have much to jabber about, I still try to find at least one thing.
I like to keep that habit of sitting down and making myself write.
I don’t keep a lot of routines, and the blog isn’t the most important, but it’s one I try to stick with.
It keeps me remembering how to type, keeps my mind, hopefully, sharp, and since I don't have real-life humans to talk to and vent to, it gives me something to talk to.

Moving on.

Badger had therapy in Jefferson City today, so I actually had the house to myself for a while.
Heron didn't come up until 10:30 a.m.
Badger and Cowboy got back at 11 a.m., so I had an hour, give or take, before Heron popped up.
Unless you call proofreading one or two blog posts, I didn't have a productive morning.
But I sure did enjoy some alone time.
Alone time is hard to get around here.

The day moved along the same as usual around here, basically nothing happened.
I’ve got to figure out something to do every day, or winter’s going to be miserable.
With Cowboy not leaving for work until 6:30 p.m., that's a long day, trust me.

Badger wanted to do a photo shoot with one of Raven's swords, so we headed down to the field and she got a few pictures.
By the time we'd done that and Cowboy had headed to work, she'd gotten a headache.
So, the rest of the evening was just spent watching TV.

Tomorrow is town day, and then Friday Cowboy is taking off work.
Badger's birthday is Friday, but we're going to celebrate Saturday.
Cowboy said he couldn't come home at 5 a.m., get a little sleep, and then walk around Pigeon Forge.
Even taking the day off, he'll not be able to walk around Pigeon Forge, but at least he'll get a little rest on Friday.

I guess I'll head on to bed, it's early but Badger wants to make a pallet in my floor, and watch TV in there.

No comments: