Thursday, September 24, 2026

Dem bones Dem bones Dem dry bones

Today was town day, not much to say about that.
Thursday has been town day since 1990, unless something major comes up and we have to go another day.
We came home, dinner was eaten, and much to Cowboy's displeasure, we're eating at home more now.
I'm really not all that sure that our groceries are safe these days either.
Every time you turn on the news or open up your computer, there's been another recall.
Some days it's multiple recalls, highest warnings.
Our food supply is no longer safe thanks to the orange Cheeto.
I've heard how Heron talks about what goes on in a commercial kitchen, eating out wasn't really all that safe before this.
Now I'm not really sure I'd trust a restaurant at all.
You don't know where they get their supplies from.

Chickens were fed, naps were taken, TV was watched.

For the first time in I don't remember when, Badger and I decided to take a walk down to the creek church.
It's been a long, hot summer, and we've not been walking.
Then we have Cowboy's new work schedule, he worries about us walking, and I don't like to be gone when he goes to work.
I always like telling him good-bye.

Well, we get to the picnic pavilion at the church, and Badger goes, "Oh, sick."
I look over, and one of the picnic tables has bones scattered all over it.
Hopefully they were animal bones, and oddly they were clean bones.

So we do our sitting, she does her picture taking, and we get back home in time to see Cowboy off to work.

Badger posts the bone picture to the town Facebook page, and some lady goes, “well, did you tell the church and clean off the table?”
I answered that comment.
I told her I most certainly wasn't going to touch nasty bones without gloves, and no one was at the church, which is why Badger posted to the town page.
Then another one asked why it was such a big deal.
Well, I mean, it's a church and it's bones, and someone out in our community is doing something freaky.
Maybe you ought to watch your little kids when you're at that playground.
Also, picnic table, myself, I'd bleach that table to an inch of its life.

Oh, besides the bones, we got to see a groundhog and a crow having supper together.
Today was a weird walking day.

After that it was just a watch TV kind of evening.

I'm heading to bed, though. As I said, we've not been walking a lot lately.
That little walk today has my legs and feet throbbing.
Sleeping is going to be fun tonight.
I have trouble sleeping anyway, my legs always feel funky, and now they'll be extra funky.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

What on earth? Someone's idea of a sick joke. It never fails that there are people who must take exception to anything someone posts that calls something out.

We don't eat out, especially now. Food costs are too high. My son was a chef for 32 years. He left the profession last year. The kitchen and food were clean but the environment in professional kitchens is often toxic.

Jane said...

Sandra: I hope it was a sick joke or maybe just curious teens. It was really weird to find.

Keyboard Warriors, they just like to stir the pot.

We used to eat out every single day. It was quicker than trying to cook in what little time we had before Husband went to work. Now he doesn't go to work until almost 7 p.m., so we eat out a lot less. It is crazy expensive to eat out now, even at McDonald's or Taco Bell.

My son works at a pizzeria. He's been there about six years now. The stories he tells, from stoned cooks to dragging in a homeless guy with hepatitis who wanted a one-day job, make you seriously reconsider eating out. I've also heard how toxic the environment is.