I want to write every day to stay in the habit of writing.
But the truth is, some days it's a stretch to find anything to actually write about.
Whether we meant to or not, the days have a certain rhythm, a certain routine that we rarely deviate from.
We're creatures of habit, I think.
I'm usually the first up, followed by Badger.
Of course, Cowboy doesn't even get home from work now until the crack of dawn.
He comes in from work at the time most people are waking up to start their day.
I spend a large part of the morning on the computer.
My blog has become a giant tangled mess.
There's so much corrupted HTML and you'd think it wouldn't matter, but I'm not entirely for sure it doesn't cause trouble with Blogger.
Then I start going through the archives, and I start thinking, huh, should I have really put that out for the public to see.
I'm getting to the point where I think I need to do a really good, really deep clean of the blog and maybe go back through and do a privacy check.
Even if that means the posts won't look the same or I have to hide comments.
I'm thinking that may be what I end up doing.
There's only, well, we may as well say two months left to this year, as it's the end of September.
If at all possible I'd like to go into the New Year with a cleaned-up blog.
We'll see.
I always feed my little stray.
It's nearly October and she's a black cat.
Badger and I worry about that, but there's nothing I can do.
Badger likes to remind me that strays were once someone's pets, and Imp is a feral cat.
She's never ever had a family.
I'm getting a very large stray tom cat and the neighbor's cat we call King Richard in my yard, and I know they're beating up on Imp.
Again, there's just nothing I can do.
But she's not coming out as much as she once did, and I've seen her across the road in the neighbor's yard, which is dangerous.
She'll end up getting hit by a car.
When Imp first popped up in our yard, Cowboy was all, “Run her off, run her off. We don't need a cat hanging around.”
Now he'll open the door, she'll be on the porch, and he'll tell me, “You need to feed that thang, it's hungry.”
Or he'll tell me, “Have you fed that old stray thing yet?” or “Where's old stray thing at?” if he hasn't seen her in a while.
If we just tame the darn devil, I think he wouldn't really mind all that much if she came inside.
But we haven't managed to tame her yet.
Then it's back to the computer until Cowboy wakes up.
If he's in one of his grouchy moods, then I'll go to the bedroom to watch TV until it's time for him to go to work.
If he's not or he goes outside, then I'll just stay at the computer.
I honestly have nothing better to do these days.
No kids or grandkids to deal with, to get out the door for school, to go in and clean up their rooms for them.
Badger has taken over cooking and cleaning the house.
I offer to help, she says I don't do it right, so I don't do it.
The days are long sometimes.
Badger says she sees now why I moved furniture so much when she was little.
It gave me something to do especially seeing that I was usually awake before 7 a.m.
I'm still usually up before 7 a.m., but I think I just got too old to move furniture.
Now I just take the blog up and down and try to clean and improve it.
Actually, even if I wanted to move furniture, Badger and Cowboy would have a fit.
They like the same old same old and I like a change occasionally.
There's not a whole lot else to say.
It was just a day.
Just another evening like all the others.
A lot of TV.
We have a library.
We have a lot of churches.
The town is missing an opportunity to have classes or craft fairs or something.
I can't be the only one who isn't able or willing to drive a zillion miles in order to find entertainment or something to do.
OK, in all fairness, our library does have crafts and classes but it's only for the kids.
Come on, adults get bored here too.
I did DoorDash us a sub from Hungry Howie's, well, Badger and I had one.
Cowboy was at work.
They have the best chicken subs but they're not in a sub bun.
It's more of a calzone than a sub.
For once we didn't have anything left over from dinner, and neither of us wanted oatmeal, cereal or Ramen.
I guess I'll get off of here, go back to watch more TV.
Tomorrow is Badger's weekly appointment.
I don't know if I'll have the house to myself or not.
No comments:
Post a Comment