Thursday, September 03, 2026

Brain on strike, please try again later

It was a rough night, and I mean very rough.
Right now we're trying to decide if this is one of her migraines or maybe a virus.
Cowboy said it might be something she had eaten, and with recalls left and right I can't keep up with, that's a possibility.

If she's not better tomorrow, I'll take her to the walk-in clinic.
These days you can't see your family doctor without an appointment in advance, which is absolutely ridiculous because who knows when they're going to get hit with a bug in advance?

Cowboy had his early morning doctor appointment.
He came home and said we'd grab something from McDonald's for dinner.
He and I headed out leaving Badger alone with her support animals in her little nest.

Badger kept dinner down so that's good, and I got chicken noodle soup down her for supper so that was also good.

After we'd eaten, Cowboy and I took a nap.
I was up and down all night with Badger, and I guess he'd probably gotten about three to four hours of sleep before he had to wake up to go to the doctor.

By the time we woke up it was time for Cowboy to head to work.

I don't have much else to say. It's been a day of rest and watching TV.

Even if Badger hadn't been sick, there wouldn't have been a lot we could have done.
Temperatures have been in the 90s since Saturday, with heat indexes in the hundreds.
You step outside, and it's like walking into an oven.
Indoors, with the air conditioning blasting, is the only solution.

The air conditioner can’t keep up with this heat, so I’ve ended up running a fan too and the house is still hot and stuffy.
My house stays around 87° all day and that's with the air conditioner set to 75°.

I'll head off of here.
Poor Badger needs a nurse and she's stuck with me.
I've never been the soft cushy comforting mom type.
That's Cowboy.
Because of how I grew up, I don't know how to do the comfort thing.
I'll pet her hand or her head, and shove chicken noodle soup and popsicles at her.

That's my way of comfort.

No comments: