Saturday, September 05, 2026

My weekend involves running errands instead of running wild

Well, we got to the clinic. That's one clinic we're not going back to. Mind you, the place was really clean.
That wasn't the problem.

The two people who were there said they'd had to come up from the Knoxville clinic. I'm going to assume the local employees couldn't come in. They weren't familiar with the office at all.
I think the nurse was doing double duty as a receptionist. At least I hope she was a nurse.
She never said what she was.

You had to sign an agreement saying you wouldn't cuss or hit the staff.
A sign on the back of the door asked people not to damage the office property. You know, I'm sitting here thinking about it.
They never introduced themselves or had badges on.
I checked the web page.
I found the man, but not the woman.
Oh my.
Oh well.
At least one of them was real, right?

They swabbed her nose.
She was negative for Covid and flu.
He gently pressed around her stomach, since that’s where she mentioned it hurt.
She has some tenderness.
He said we probably need to call her regular doctor.
It could be a hernia, as hernias in women don't really show like in men.

It was a waste of time.
We could have waited until her regular doctor came back in the office on Tuesday.
She's not throwing up anymore.
She doesn't have a headache, and her pain isn't on the level of, say, appendicitis.
She doesn’t feel good, and she can’t explain it any better than that.
I don't feel good a lot.
Sometimes, oddly enough, it's the weather that makes me feel lousy.
Eating or drinking something can make me feel bad.
She's been working working working, pushing pushing pushing, and exhaustion can make you feel bad.
The throwing up was her usual migraine, I think.
But we'll see how she does until Tuesday and then call the regular doctor.

With Badger you don't dismiss things lightly, though.
The one time you do, it turns out to be strep throat or appendicitis.
She has one freaky body.

We finally got our weekly groceries bought.
After the doctor’s appointment, we headed to Walmart.
I hate shopping on Friday and Saturday.
It's so noisy and crowded.
Walmart has started playing music as loud as it can go.
That's bad enough on a Thursday, but on a Saturday when the store is packed with people, it's horrendous.

I’d finally used up the last of my turkey chubs.
When I went to restock, the turkey section was almost empty, but the ground beef side was still full.
Maybe people are paying attention to the news.
We stopped eating ground beef probably two years ago, and now I'm glad we did.

We stopped and got dinner at KFC.
Cowboy says that with Badger not cooking, I'm starving him.
I most certainly am not!
I can’t cook like Badger, but I make sure there’s something to eat.

We made it home. We got the groceries unloaded and put away. Cowboy might have gone out to feed the chickens. I'm not really sure. But dinner got eaten. And Cowboy curled up in his recliner for a nap.

Badger and I went into my room and watched TV.

Nothing else happened until nearly 8 p.m., when Cowboy sent me a picture of a cloud. The last time he sent a picture was when he thought Duffy died. And I wish that was a joke. So I figured it might be something he thought important.

Badger and I headed outside. Then we sat with Cowboy and watched the storm cloud roll for a little while. The lightning was wicked, but it was off in the distance. We never got a storm. Maybe a few rolls of thunder. Mentioning storms, my hometown had a very bad storm go through this afternoon.
One of the residents said it looked like a bomb went off all over.
A lot of trees down.
The weather is saying straight line winds.
One local resident said they heard what sounded like a train going by.
That's often what a tornado sounds like.
Who knows.
I wonder about Uncle's house, but I don't have anyone to check on it.
I guess it doesn't matter, as being flattened by a tree would probably be the best thing for it.
The only thing is, if anyone is out assessing storm damage, they may discover it's abandoned.
I think that might be a Hippie Aunt problem.

With that, I'm closing down and heading back to the bedroom.

No comments: