Badger got tired of hearing me say I felt like crap on toast and had a headache, so she went in and blended me up some kind of magic elixir.
Then she made sure I drank two very large glasses.
I've always been this freak that doesn't get thirsty, not really.
I’m not one to walk around with a drink in my hand all day.
I can drink a cup of coffee for breakfast, a glass of tea for dinner, a glass of lemonade for supper and call it good.
Every time I’ve been sick enough for the ER, they’ve told me I was dehydrated.
Happens every time.
I don't know why I'm like this, I just am.
I figure this one was dehydration mixed with either a bug or some food poisoning.
I'd like to say I learned my lesson, but I doubt it.
I'm not saying that to be cutesy or for attention.
I just don’t drink a lot, period, water, tea, anything.
Despite looking like a beached whale, I'm almost not a big eater.
Badger fusses at me because I eat once a day and call it good.
But yeah I'm properly hydrated now and hopefully feeling better.
There's not much to say about today.
It was Monday.
Well, okay, I started feeling better after Cowboy went to work, so Badger and I headed down to the creek church.
I don't remember the last time we were down there.
Cowboy’s new schedule, him leaving at 6:30 p.m., just messes up mine and Badger’s walking schedule.
You have to drag me out the door kicking and screaming, but once I get moving, I enjoy the walk.
It was pleasant down at the creek, but we couldn't stay long.
It's already starting to get dark early now.
We didn't want to be out walking in the dark although it's not as pitch black as it used to be.
They've added new streetlights all over.
The school and church are lit up like a Christmas tree.
When my boys were little, there wasn't a light anywhere.
We'd walk home and couldn't see our hands in front of our faces.
The pathway was all overgrown and wild and pitch black.
I guess some things are an improvement although I miss those days when there weren't so many people around.
We came home, Badger settled down on the couch, and we watched television the rest of the evening.
Today was a television and computer kind of day.
She decided she's sleeping in the living room tonight.
Heron has moved in up here and she doesn't get to sleep on the couch much anymore.
I don't know what it is about that couch.
I don't find it particularly comfortable myself.
But she and Heron just love it.
It’s all worn out with the cushions torn, and I told them that if I were sure Raven and his kids weren’t coming back for good, I’d replace it.
Hoo boy, you'd think I suggested selling their favorite puppy or something.
They both got rather huffy and told me hands off that couch.
Whatever kids.
Sheesh.
I’m still waiting on Raven and the kids to move back in.
We've not made it to October yet.
I won’t believe Raven’s truly gone until we get past October.
I don't mind them visiting, but I sure to heck am not looking forward to them moving back in again.
I'm just selfish enough to say that I enjoy not sharing a house every weekend with four very rowdy kids.
I’m sending Raven a text tomorrow to see what his plans are, if he even has any.
There isn't any need for me to have an empty bedroom when we could use that space.
It used to be my storage room, and if Heron would abandon that couch, he could move in there.
But we’re still in limbo, with Raven’s stuff piled up just like it’s been since April.
Cowboy doesn't want me to say anything, but again, we could use that room.
It feels stupid to have a room we could actually use, but we’re not able to touch it.
Before I shut down for the night, someone stole the vase off my in‑law’s grave.
Cowboy has been working on making a new one out of pipe and spray paint.
I think he did a good job.
With that I'm heading to bed.

No comments:
Post a Comment