I blame Cowboy for my hiding in the bedroom all day today.
Badger and I were up early.
She made breakfast, and we watched a little TV.
Cowboy surprised us by waking up early.
He ate his breakfast, talked with Heron a little, and next thing we know, we look over and he's sound asleep with his breakfast plate on his lap, coffee mug in hand.
He woke up at 2:30 p.m., presumably to take care of his chickens, came back inside, ate supper, and was back asleep by 5 p.m.
He stayed asleep until time to go to work at 6:30 p.m.
His recliner is in the living room.
The living room is basically a bus station; you have to go through it to do anything.
If you go outside, you wake him up by bumping into the recliner because it stretches out into the way.
If you go to the bathroom and trip over a cat and cuss the cat out because you see your life flashing before your eyes, you wake him up.
If you're sitting at your desk and you sneeze too loudly, you wake him up.
So, head to the bedroom and watch TV behind a closed door.
It's very much not an ideal situation, but he refuses to go back to bed, and I don't have a workable solution.
Well, I do, but the old fart refuses to move that recliner.
He loves where it is.
Truth be told, the recliner has sat in that spot since 1995, when we had cable and couldn't move the TV out of its little corner.
Things have to stay the same, so Cowboy won't move it now that we cut the cable out.
So, Badger and I stay in the bedroom a large part of the time in order for the house to stay quiet so Cowboy can sleep.
It's a little aggravating.
Then he leaves for work so late now that you don't really have that much time before it's time to head to bed.
We get maybe five hours out of the bedroom after Cowboy goes to work.
Again, I know he's a third-shift worker and a daytime sleeper, and I don't know a way around it.
Not with the house shaped the way it is.
Yeah, he could go back to bed, but if I'm being fair, he's been diagnosed with sleep apnea, but he never went for the overnight sleep study, so he doesn't have a machine or anything to treat it.
He sleeps better in that semi-upright position his recliner gives him.
I just wish he'd let us rearrange the living room to at least get him out of the doorway.
That's what irritates all of us the most.
He won't scoot his recliner back from the front door, and when he stretches it out, you can't even get out the front door without bumping into him.
Oh well, there you go, my rant of the day.
It's really thundering and lightning out there, so hey, I guess I'll cut the computer off and go back to my bedroom.
I can't take a risk of the power surging and killing this thing.
Tomorrow is supposed to be town day, so at least I get to walk around Walmart maybe.
Oh, quickly, quickly, quickly, before I do get hit by lightning.
The President is going to be in Knoxville for the UT game this weekend.
Why?
That's all, why?
No comments:
Post a Comment