It made it up to 95° today, but I'm hopeful tomorrow won't be as hot.
We had a good storm come through tonight with a lot of rain.
Hopefully that'll finally cool things down.
It got pretty apocalyptic out there for a bit.
It just looked really, really weird.
Where Heron was and other communities around us saw yellow or orange skies.
We didn't see that at my house.
But it was kind of like you have a two-hundred-watt bulb and you put a grey scarf over that bulb.
I'm not describing it well at all.
You just had to be there.
It wasn't a bad storm; mostly it was freaky skies, a lot of thunder, some high winds, and rain.
It actually rumbled thunder most of the day, but nothing came of it before tonight's storm.
Cowboy was gone most of the day.
He had errands to run, and he had to go to the plant.
There's no management, I guess, down there on third shift.
He had to go when they were in.
He was relieved.
No write-up.
All he had to do was sign a safety book.
He wasn't very clear, so I'm not all that sure what he meant.
I think most of the guys he works with now are around Peacock's age.
He's working with the kids who grew up with MySpace and Facebook.
He says they stay on their phones, their whole darn shift.
My personal opinion is they get bored, so they start a little gossip, and the little gossip picks up, and sooner or later that gossip becomes “this really happened.”
I was on the phone most of the morning.
I have a sinking feeling I'm going to be on the news one day for TennCare fraud.
I have no clue.
They can talk all day long and I'm still in the dark.
The only thing I'm perfectly clear on is that Badger has lost her disability.
She'll be getting some kind of money because Cowboy is getting his Social Security check.
I don't know why I gave up trying to understand it.
Her state insurance, that's what I was on the phone about all morning.
I still don't understand.
Whether she has insurance is still iffy, I'm thinking she lost that also.
They keep saying we'll get a letter, and we haven't got one yet.
I was sent to three different places and they all claimed to not be the right place.
I'm reasonably sure they're going to do an audit of us, again.
Who knows why.
Who the living heck knows.
In October we have to take her last disability check she receives up to Morristown and pay the state back.
Maybe I can corner a live human and get some answers then.
At least it wasn't an all-day TV day for us.
Badger and I managed a walk around the block early this morning.
Even early, though, it was already hot and stuffy outside.
Not yet so miserable that we had to run back to the air conditioner, but not totally pleasant.
It felt good to stretch out a little.
Kim sent me a text early.
She doesn't live where I thought she lived.
Oh my word, Sunday is going to be interesting.
Kim lived in Knoxville for a long time.
She's used to the traffic and the area.
We're not.
We do our best to avoid Knoxville if at all possible.
Cowboy doesn't do well driving on the interstate and in that big-city traffic.
Kim is used to driving all over.
She's been to Florida and the Carolinas and all over Tennessee.
Cowboy hasn't.
What she thinks is a nice little drive scares the pee out of Cowboy.
Plus Cowboy and I suck at directions, and then he gets all flustered, and yep, you don't want to be in a car with us.
We'll find her.
We may kill each other before we do, but eventually we'll find her.
I just wish she actually lived closer to Peacock like we first thought.
We'll call today a very rambling post.
I like to give AI my posts and tell it to tell me what it thinks and then ignore it.
I drive my AI critiquer crazy: “There's no plot; you're all over the place.”
Yeah, buddy, this is what a Southerner with ADHD looks like.
We ramble and meander and backtrack and sometimes go totally off the path.
Sometimes I wish I was more like other bloggers.
I've blogged for over twenty years and have never had many readers.
It gets lonely.
But I'm not a typical blogger.
I think I may actually scare readers away.
They come in and I'm my little ADHD rambling self and it's not like any blog they've run into.
They read a paragraph or two and then run to the hills or to more typical blogs.
See?
Rambling.
I don't have anything else to write about unless you want to hear how we found out our neighbor has about as many security cameras around their house as I have around mine.
Badger sneaked and bought me a little present.
She bought me a tiny owl and a hummingbird to put up on my shelf.
They're my favorite birds and it was sweet of her to think of me.
Well, they delivered the box to our neighbor who had a good ten packages delivered.
They sent a picture of where they'd left the box, so we knew it was at the neighbor's house.
I guess they just figured, yo, this neighbor has a ton of boxes, this tiny one has to go too.
So we walked over.
Luckily our little box was on top.
We picked it up, and I knocked on the door to let them know we weren't stealing.
They were home but not answering the door, like whatever.
Badger looked up and, here's a camera, there's a camera, and over yonder was a camera.
I'm actually glad to know we're not the only ones who have a house covered in cameras.
I sent them a message to let them know what happened.
I don't want to be accused of stealing.
They sent me an “it's OK” message, oh, around 10 pm, yeah, hours and hours later.
Yeah, nothing else to ramble on about.
Y'all can wish us luck, though.
Tomorrow we have a Marketplace meetup over at the school.
I'm hoping we're safe.
Isn't it sports season?
Someone should be close by, hopefully.
2 comments:
I'm pleased I found your blog. I find you interesting. Good luck on your driving adventure.
Sandra: Thank you!
I'm really glad you found my blog and that you find me interesting. 😊
I've actually been lurking on your blog for a while, too, and I've really enjoyed getting to know you through your posts. I'm not very good at commenting or replying, but I do enjoy reading your posts.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that our driving adventure goes well and we find my cousin easily. 🤞🏻
Post a Comment