Sunday, September 13, 2026

Bed and I have become one today.

I don't know what time Cowboy came to bed, well after midnight though.
We'd lost Carl as usual.
That cat is the best hider ever.
Well, I was woken up by something heavy jumping on my head and a searing pain.
Yep, Carl had crept out and went to sleep on Cowboy's side of the bed. Cowboy came to bed and probably poked Carl in the butt, though he won't admit it.
Carl is super reactive, especially if he's asleep, so he got scared, jumped, landed on my sleeping head, and then took off to the living room.
Well, I sleepily put my hand up and there was blood, but being me and it being so late I just went back to sleep.
I looked in the mirror this morning, and I have two deep scratches above my ear and a scratch on my shoulder.
I told Badger I'd hate to do it, but from now on when we see Carl, he goes in the laundry room before the other cats, you know, as long as it's after 9 p.m.

That was the most exciting part of the day, the rest of the day was much more low key.
To be honest, I spent it mostly in bed watching TV.
Yesterday just wore me out.
I miss the days when I could have walked around The Island three or four times, spent five or six hours there, and still been ready to go again.
I miss that energy, that feeling good.
I sure don't have it anymore.

Heron has gone to his girlfriend's house until Tuesday.
She posted that today is their seven-year anniversary.
It doesn't seem like it's seven years.

Cowboy surprised us by coming back from church at 1 p.m.
In the old days, Homecoming would last until 3 p.m. at least, with dinner followed by singing.
He said they don't do that anymore, and there were fewer than forty people who showed up.
It used to be huge crowds.

He went in, lay in his recliner, and slept until about 6 p.m., when he went over to Dos's house.
He didn't get back until 8:30 p.m.

Badger and I didn't do anything.
It has been mostly TV and computer, and a lot of resting.
I'm not twenty anymore or thirty.

Badger likes to complain “I didn't know you when you were young, I got the old you.”
Which is rather mean of her.
I did turn forty when she was eight though.
When Peacock was eight I was only twenty-nine, so yes, OK, her brothers got those young years with me.
The tradeoff of getting an old mamma is that I'm much calmer and a better mamma to her than I was to her brothers.

With that I'm getting off here, I can't say I'm going to bed, I'm already there just blogging on the tablet.
I'll clean up mistakes tomorrow.

No comments: