Tuesday, September 15, 2026

When Life Delivers a Gut Punch

I'm going to switch things up and not do a normal post.
My heart's broken and I'm just not in the mood to write a “this is what I did today” type post.

My cousin sent me a text today. 
She's eaten up with cancer and there's no treatment left open to her.


She's had a really rough two years, a lot of surgeries for other things, a lot of health problems.
I think she knew this was a possibility, but she still had hope that the surgery she went through earlier this summer got all the cancer.
It's a shock to find out it didn't and how badly and how quickly it's spread.

I'm not going to pretend we were kissy kissy close cousins.
I'd lost touch with her for years, but we did grow up in the same house together.
We shared our childhood together, and this is a punch to the gut.

Her name's Kim, and if you want to pray for her or send up healing calming vibes it'd be appreciated.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

I’m truly sorry, Jane. I send all the good vibes I can to both of you.

Jane said...

Sandra: Thank You.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Oh Jane. This is truly a heartbreak. I am so sorry. Is that you and Kim in the first picture? Something tells me it isn't because I got the impression that you are closer in age than that. At any rate, I will certainly pray for Kim. She sounds like a brave lady. God bless her -- and you, my friend. xoxo 🏴‍☠️

Jane said...

Jenny: Thank you. We’d appreciate the prayers.
I call Kim my Xena, my warrior princess. She’s incredibly brave. She’s been through so many health problems, things that would bring anyone to their knees, and she’s faced it all bravely.

No, the first picture is Kim with my Mom. The second picture, I’m the baby on the left in pink and Kim is holding on to me.. The last picture is me and Kim, with Kim in the short skirt.
Kim is two years older than me.