I don’t have very much I can write about today.
It was another quiet Saturday in a quiet town where the only excitement is when a cow gets loose and won’t move out of the road.
Unlike so many other bloggers, I’ve never had an exciting life; I’ve never traveled, I’ve never had a huge family to go visit.
I got married when I was twenty; Cowboy was thirty.
If Cowboy isn’t autistic, well, let’s just say that man is super close to it.
It’s only Cowboy; his siblings have no trouble traveling.
I somehow managed to marry the one sibling that’s a freaking housecat.
Actually, come to think of it, my father‑in‑law was really pushing for us to get together.
Cowboy was back home and living with his parents when we met.
A small foreshadowing of Raven.
Yep, moving on.
Don’t get me wrong, I love Cowboy to death.
He’s strong and steady and a rock.
The problem is rocks don’t move.
I grew up in my grandmother’s house.
My mom was a divorced working mother.
There was no going to the beach in the summer and skiing in the winter.
There was a lot of “how are we going to put food on the table, keep the bills paid, and stay warm this winter.”
I faintly remember us going to the beach in Georgia a time or two when I was growing up.
My uncle was stationed at Fort Benning, I think, and my great uncle had moved to Georgia.
That’s what sparked my love for the ocean, though it’s a shame I’ve only been able to visit a handful of times.
My uncle took me to Panama City Beach when he retired from Fort Rucker.
I managed to get Cowboy to Myrtle Beach for our honeymoon and an anniversary.
Other than that, it’s always been Tennessee.
What I’m saying is that you’re not going to see anything interesting here, no trips to San Bernardino or Nashville, either.
Well, okay, Peacock did take me to Nashville once.
To be fair, Cowboy did have six kids.
He paid child support to two different women; their child support amounts were very different.
It’s hard to do anything extra when you’re living on one income with six kids.
I do understand that.
I’m an uneducated, inexperienced, untraveled, simple woman living a simple life, and the blog is just my diary to keep the days straight because every day runs about the same.
That’s a long‑winded way of saying nothing happened today.
Badger packed more of Raven’s things up while I played tape elf as she calls me.
We ran out of packing bubble wrap.
We had to pick up Badger’s medicine anyway, so we headed to town, got the medicine, got the packing supplies, and headed home.
Then it was mostly TV, TV, TV, with Cowboy headed outside to burn brush.
I didn’t spot a bird, a raccoon, or even a stray cat to turn into a post.
Tomorrow will be about the same as today except Badger and I will be home alone most of the day.
Cowboy’s church is having a deacon ordination ceremony, so Cowboy will be at church most of the day.
Then he said he’s going fishing after services.
With that, I’m off of here.
I feel so much better after pitching yet another tantrum.
Look, sometimes a gal just has to pitch a fit and move on.
4 comments:
You wrote this: "I’m an uneducated, inexperienced, untraveled simple woman living a simple life."
But! You're smart as a whip, raising a family who loves you, in a successful marriage, and safe. That's a lot. There are billions of people on the planet who would envy you. But I do wish you could get back to an ocean sometime. I just spent a week at a Delaware beach house and feel so very lucky that I can do that every year. I'm not religious, despite my parents dragging me to Sunday school until I was 13 after which I just refused to go. So now the ocean is my god and that week is my spiritual renewal.
That has to be tough to be dependent on someone who doesn't want to travel! Maybe when he retires, he may change his mind? Sometimes when you are working so much the thought of doing anything else can be so tiresome! I hope you get the chance to go somewhere someday!
Pam: Thank you. I’ve never thought of myself as smart as a whip. I think being that special ed kid growing up does that. It’s hard to get out of those childhood patterns.
I am blessed to have a man who loves me, warts and all, and who’s stuck with me all these years. I’m lucky to have healthy kids who love their weird mama.
Sometimes you forget to count your blessings.
I’m glad you got to have your beach time. The ocean is healing. It’s calming. There’s just something about having your feet in the hot sand and standing in front of that awesome, somewhat scary ocean that makes you feel both small and peaceful at the same time.
I hope to be able to see the ocean at least one more time. I may have to work on my older son. He loves to travel.
Jeanette: It’s not easy having itchy feet and wanting to see more than Tennessee but being married to a house cat.
My husband won’t change his mind. He’s pretty set in his ways.
In the old days, I’d just hop on a Greyhound. That’s what my great aunts did. I’m not sure they’re even around these days.
Maybe I’ll bribe my oldest son to take me to the ocean one more time.
Post a Comment