Thursday, August 27, 2026

Somewhere between the moon and the Cheeto, I went clean off the rails

Is it bad that when you click on Facebook, you kind of hunch your shoulders, grit your teeth, and barely peek at the first thing that pops up on there? Or that when you power the computer on and the news homepage pops up, you quickly click off as fast as you can?

Willie is still out there, living the best Willie life possible, as is Cher.
That's my current way of judging how bad the world is getting.
As long as Dolly, Willie, and Cher are still here, we're okay.

Well, we're down to two.

I did see where the actor who voiced Eeyore died Wednesday, but they announced it today.

There's a lot of black humor memes going around.
My favorite is the Grim Reaper playing one of those claw machines.
He keeps “winning” certain celebrities, but he's miffed that he's not getting the right celebrity.
A certain Cheeto who is also 80.


Mentioning Cheetos, and I'm sure it's purely coincidence, although Cowboy says, “Watch your mouth, they're always watching.” Google closed my email account that I only use for Facebook and said I had suspicious activity. I appealed and told them it was only used for a Facebook login, and there had better not be any suspicious activity on it. So they gave it back to me today. Where does Cheeto come in? Man, all I ever post is poop posts about the Cheeto. Well, I put them up on my stories as I know they'll disappear quickly. Cowboy still has family that's strongly MAGA. And I have a half sister who adores the Cheeto. I stopped putting my posts and my memes on my feed. Now I kind of hide them in my stories. If you came for the usual rundown, I don’t have one.
We went to the store, Cowboy took a nap, and Badger and I ended up napping too.
That's kind of meh.

Oh, yeah, Badger and I took a little nap.
We're going moon watching tonight.
I suspect that pretty blood-red moon is AI, but we'll find out for ourselves later.

Nothing much happened, and there wasn’t anything especially exciting to remember.

Well, El Cheeto renamed a lake he had no business renaming all because Canada hurt his little feelings.

You have to try to stay optimistic that a time will come when everything the Cheeto ruined, everything he changed, will be fixed.
Of course, you can't bring back the dead, and his hands drip with blood from all the ones ICE has harmed or killed.
That's on the Cheeto, and his hands run with blood.
But the other things he's done, someday that will be fixed.
You just have to keep telling yourself that.
Keep telling yourself that there has to be one person out there who will stand up, who will stop the madness we're living in.
If you don’t, life’s pretty grim right now.

And with that, I think I'll go back to putting up old blog posts.
Today I found posts with missing words.
Now how did that happen?
I use three different AI programs to run my posts through, three different ways to proofread.
I really shouldn't be seeing any mistakes.


2 comments:

Sandra said...

Anyone who still supports that guy is irredeemable. He is so out there demented there is no excuse. My family consists of my son and his wife so MAGA in the family isn’t a problem for me. Mark has them amongst his siblings. My days consist of the same old same old.

Jane said...

Sandra: I really can't understand how anyone could support that Cheeto, with everything he's done and continues to do.
It boggles my mind.

I only have my husband's family now, and most of them are still MAGA.

I know what you mean about the same old, same old.
That's life around here too.

I hope you have a great weekend 😊