We're staying at the house more now.
There's not a lot to write.
Cowboy sleeps the day away, which would be fine if he'd just stay in the bedroom.
Of course, one of the medications he takes requires him to remain upright for an hour after taking it, which means he naps upright in his recliner.
I feel terrible that they've put him on this shift at his age.
I feel awful that he’s this age and still can’t retire, because we haven’t found any way for me to keep my insurance if he does.
Badger likes to tell us that maybe when you're almost thirty years old, you shouldn't be dating a teenager.
That may be true.
Retirement and insurance weren't something we were thinking about back in those good old days.
Most days when he wakes up, he'll eat breakfast and fall right back to sleep, clutching his bowl in one hand and his coffee mug in the other.
He’s lost hold of his coffee mug before, and it smashed when it hit the ground.
It's a custom made grandpa mug that has to be specially made and ordered.
The only upside is he gets new pictures of the grandkids every time he shatters it and I have to reorder.
Or his supper plate if it's supper time.
That's more of a problem, as my plates are glass but my bowls are plastic.
So far he's not shattered one of them, but I suspect they may make more of a mess than a mug.
Badger entertains herself.
She has her photography and her art and her Legos.
For now, my blog is my project.
I have so much bad coding in the HTML.
At least I know that wasn't why I couldn't see my reading list.
That was one of the suggestions Blogger gave me.
But it still needs to be cleaned up.
No one needs weird coding in their HTML.
It keeps me occupied for a while.
Once the coding is cleared up and the blog back up in full, I'm not sure what I'll do.
Reading has always been my time killer, and I do have a bookshelf full, but these days I have to have a flashlight to see small print.
Don't ask.
The mornings have started to be jacket cool, and the day not so terribly hot.
Walking is always a possibility.
We just have to poke ourselves to get moving.
Today, though, we just watched TV all day while Cowboy slept.
It just seemed like the thing to do.
Badger did want to go down to see if the bones were still on the table, and I offered to walk with her.
In the end, we decided, nah, we were just too lazy today.
Cowboy ended his day doing something down at the chicken coop.
I'd have more sympathy for him if he stopped dragging pit chickens home.
I have him on camera for at least two nights this week taking a box down to the coop, and that usually means more chickens.
We don't need all those chickens.
We've stopped eating eggs, and I'm not processing chickens.
My mamma knew how to process chickens, but not me.
Of course, with how bad things are getting, those dumb birds of his may end up saving us.
With that, I'm going back to my TV.
No comments:
Post a Comment