It's just another Sunday here in my little town.
There's not a whole lot I can jabber on about.
Cowboy went to morning and evening church services.
It's rare he misses.
He came home from morning services while Badger and I were watching TV and asked if we wanted to go to the Flea Market.
Badger declined, so Cowboy and I headed to the Flea Market.
I almost regretted saying that I'd go.
I was on the phone texting with a cousin, telling her about Kim, and all those darn twisty, curvy roads got me a bit carsick.
I'm still threatening to find me a nice flat state.
The Flea Market even disappointed Cowboy this time.
There was a Asian family that used to have three booths scattered throughout the Flea Market.
You were always guaranteed to find something at one of their booths.
And no, I'm not making assumptions.
The older man traveled between all the booths, so it was a fairly good bet it was one family.
Now he only has two booths, and they've both been cut down.
It's not like it used to be.
Mostly it's vendors selling expired food and drugs like Tylenol, a few shoe vendors, and a couple of clothes vendors.
And a lot of puppy mill vendors.
It's just gotten really trashy.
Gone are the book vendors, and the tool vendors, and the vintage vendors.
Cowboy did find his carrying case for his phone.
The Asian vendors are the only ones who sell the kind he likes.
With how it looks over there, he might want to go back before cold weather and buy a couple more in case next summer they're not over there anymore.
We made it back home, and other than Cowboy going to evening service, the rest of the day was just TV TV TV.
It's going to be an early night, though.
Cowboy and Heron have to go for jury duty in the morning.
2 comments:
South Dakota is flat, other than the Black Hills. Flat like you can see into eternity as you drive. I don't think I've ever been to a flea market but this didn't sound very good. Off to a medical appointment soon. That doesn't sound so good either.
Sandra: South Dakota sounds like heaven, although I’m not sure I could ever get used to land like that. I’m so used to the twisty, curvy Tennessee mountains.
Flea markets can be fun. You can find some amazing bargains. This one used to be wonderful. It’s advertised all over Sevierville as a tourist attraction, but we’ve been going a long time, and it’s just gone downhill in my opinion.
Luckily, our two medical appointments are just yearly checkups, although I do dread mine. It’s a rare year that I come out with a good report.
Post a Comment