Friday, July 31, 2026

Taking it one slow breath at a time

The goats survived the night, and it didn't look as if anything touched that electric fence overnight.
I was getting the mail this morning and heard this absolutely horrible scream-yelp.
Lady found the electric fence.
In her defense, Heron put that fence right in her pee spot.

You'd think after being shocked once, the dummy would learn.
Nope, she went out later and did it again.

We've added another animal to the list of what Duffy will bark at.
Badger introduced him to the goats this morning, and he barked like crazy.
Duffy isn't normally a barker.

So far, he barks at other dogs in real life and on TV, sheep, giraffes, cows, horses, and now goats.
I'd love to know exactly where he came from.
He has a strong dislike of farm animals and safari animals.

Well, this isn't how I wanted to see July end.

Our little Skunk-Ape is very badly sick, and our hands are tied.
We have no way to get him to the emergency veterinarian.

 Heron had to pick up his girlfriend at the airport tonight, and he's at her house now.
Cowboy has a birthday party for the bonus grandson tomorrow, so tomorrow is also iffy.

For tonight, we have him in a crate.
I'm afraid we'll lose him overnight.

Like my kids used to do, he waited until his regular veterinarian was out of the office to get sicker.
Not that they probably could have fit him in anyway.

I actually already set up an appointment because he wasn't acting right earlier today, but they've lost one of the veterinarians in the practice and have a very long waiting list for appointments.

We thought his problem was from eating a lot of wet food.
We don't normally give our cats wet food for that very reason.

Then he started acting like Smudge did when she was in the process of dying, so now we just don't know.

This is why I say, once these cats pass over the rainbow bridge, we're not bringing any more home.

My heart can't take being ripped out every time we lose one.

With that, I'm closing here.
Tomorrow will be a rough day.

I’m hoping Cowboy wakes up in time to get to the emergency veterinarian, but there won’t be much time.

I’m not ready to make any hard decisions tomorrow.

Twice now, we’ve come home from this practice with empty carriers, only to go back later and bring home an urn.

No comments: