We went out for our weekly groceries, though honestly, it feels like a bit of a waste of time.
Badger and I stocked up so that we wouldn't have to make weekly trips.
But Cowboy’s been doing weekly trips since we first got married, and that’s nearly forty years of habit.
At this point, we just add more to what we’ve already got and stick to a set amount.
Keeping everything stocked helps stretch our paycheck a little further.
Keeping everything stocked helps stretch our paycheck a little further.
I don't know why, but both Food City and Walmart were wall to wall people.
I didn't think we'd ever get out.
School should be starting back in about three weeks; that should thin the crowds out some.
I made sure to buy Heron some soup.
I bought every smooth, no‑chew soup I could find.
No one likes straight chicken broth.
We stopped at Burger King.
That's another habit we can't break Cowboy of.
That's another habit we can't break Cowboy of.
That explosive diarrhea is linked to lettuce.
Heron told me to make daddy eat at home.
Well, you can't make daddy do anything.
Badger and I bought a frozen pizza to put on when we got home, but Cowboy wants what Cowboy wants.
And he wants his Whopper each week.
Once we made it home, things settled back into the normal routine.
Right now our days are spent sticking close to the house to make sure Heron is alright.
With his back like it is, he can't walk, and he kind of does a hunch-over shuffle.
Then he can't open his mouth wide enough to even stick a finger in, so I worry about him choking.
With his back like it is, he can't walk, and he kind of does a hunch-over shuffle.
Then he can't open his mouth wide enough to even stick a finger in, so I worry about him choking.
Cowboy goes to work at 6:30 p.m.
Before that, he's either puttering in the yard, sitting in his recliner watching his Facebook videos, or sleeping.
Before that, he's either puttering in the yard, sitting in his recliner watching his Facebook videos, or sleeping.
I'm either on the computer or watching TV with Badger.
Badger is either outside doing a project or watching TV with me.
That's pretty much our routine right now.
Well, OK, Badger finally got the stool painted and has it sitting in the she-shed hoping it dries.
She went with UT Vol Orange, just don't tell her that.
She wanted an orange stool, and I'm sorry, but most of the orange paint reminds me of UT.
Badger isn't a UT fan.
If it manages to get dry, tomorrow she's going to add mushrooms to the seat.
She has stickers, then she'll put a clear coat of something over that so they don't peel off.
I had hoped for a fox, that's kind of our thing.
We thought, being a woodland-themed sticker pack, it would have a fox but once we got it home, nope.
There's a deer, but a deer isn't our thing and isn't orange-ish.
We did take a very late walk down to the church.
She finally found some frogs; she's been trying to catch a frog since the weather warmed up.
I hated to do it; but I had to rush her.
I don't like leaving Heron alone for long, I worry that he'll fall if nothing else.
But she got a good shot anyway.
I told her we'd walk down tomorrow night now that we know what time they come out.
I love Heron, but I don't love “Yellowstone,” and he's been catching up on all those episodes.
Cowboy is in hog heaven; that was his favorite show until the show ended.
I need a break from the show.
I forgot how violent it was.
I forgot how violent it was.
I'm getting off of here, for some reason, Badger is sleeping on my floor again tonight.
I'll try not to fall out of bed on her again.
We'll probably try to finish up our show.
We don't like to abandon a show, but it's getting a little ridiculous.
I have no plans for tomorrow other than watching Badger stick a mushroom on a stool.
But we'll just have to see what the day brings.
Now tomorrow night we'll go frogging, but we have to get through the day first.
USE!.png)








No comments:
Post a Comment