Badger survived the night on my bedroom floor, and I didn’t fall out of bed and try to squish her this time.
Badger woke up and hit the ground running.
Then she and I spent the morning in Heron's RV, Badger cleaning and me shooing cats every time she opened the door.
Heron hasn’t been able to change the litter boxes, and there was quite a mess waiting on us.
Badger didn’t do a quick one-two-three.
She did a deep clean.
She did a deep clean.
Heron paid her, but she gave him the money back.
It's not like he’s able to do much right now, and the cats still had to be taken care of.
She came back up to the house, cleaned the laundry room, and cleaned our own cats’ litter boxes.
The dishwasher had run its cleaning cycle by then, so I went in meaning to put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher.
I opened the door, and it still smelled funky, so I ran it on a quick wash cycle.
Then I went in the bedroom to put up that laundry that’s been sitting there waiting on me for a week or two.
Oh, come on, don't tell me every now and then you don't leave the clean clothes safely in their little laundry baskets for a few days.
So, I was folding away, had everything separated in piles when Badger walked in my door, noticed she had a pile, and squawked, “What are you doing with my dirty clothes!”
Um well they were on my desk, and the pants looked like Cowboy's, so I took them to the bedroom, and dumped them in the pile.
And yes, I noticed they were a bit damp, but that's not so unusual.
Big sigh.
Long, long story short, I’ve been washing clothes the rest of the day.
Long, long story short, I’ve been washing clothes the rest of the day.
Badger's clothes were wet and dirty, and they'd been hugging my clean clothes, so my clean clothes weren't so clean anymore.
However, I learned my lesson.
As the clothes came out of the dryer, they were put in their proper places.
As the clothes came out of the dryer, they were put in their proper places.
I just had four baskets to re-do.
What?
Putting clothes away isn't always high on my list.
And no, I probably haven't learned my lesson there.
I think Cowboy was feeling bad today, well, that and he worked over.
He slept all afternoon.
I don't know how much of it is that the younger employees are lazy.
And I don't know how much of it is that they aren't doing things when Cowboy thinks they should be done, or that they just don't do things the way Cowboy thinks they should be done.
He jumps in and does their job and his job too.
The day moved along in a haze of many, many, many episodes of “Yellowstone.”
I'm starting to see Kevin Costner in my dreams.
Badger wandered out to the she-shed and finally finished up the stool.
Cowboy was once a fox hunter, so we’ve got quite a few fox and hound themed items around.
My current kitchen theme is lemons, but I like the fox.
My current kitchen theme is lemons, but I like the fox.
Cowboy got off to work.
Heron’s still on my couch, although he’s walking a little better today.
His back has been shaped like an S all week, and it’s a little more normal today.
His jaw I can't tell anything, but he says it's a little less swollen.
So, fingers crossed he's on the mend.
Badger and I watch a lot of TV in my bedroom.
I write to keep each day from blending into the next.
I tend to write about the ordinary things because life is rather quiet here.
I tend to write about the ordinary things because life is rather quiet here.
Most of my days are spent at home now.
That’s pretty much how it’s always been, except for the years when the kids were home and we were always busy running them back and forth.
At 56, I’ve never learned to drive, which limits the places I can go and the activities I can do.
Living in a town that’s practically a ghost town means things move pretty slowly.
It's a quiet little place.Sometimes I think about taking a break, but I always end up coming back.
After several days of writing about watching TV and spending time in the she-shed, I’m starting to wonder if I’ve fallen into a bit of a rut.
The blog gives me a reason to do something other than watching TV or scrolling through Facebook, and honestly, I think that’s part of what keeps me coming back.
It helps sort out my days.
Anyway, here’s what we got up to tonight.
Badger and I ended our day down at the Baptist Church with flashlights and a camera, apparently torturing a toad.
Oh, fine, we weren't exactly torturing it, but I bet it sure hated having a flashlight shined on it while some nut made clicking sounds at it with this big black something.
How would you like it if you were sitting on a warm brick in the dark, minding your own business, maybe hoping for a giant juicy moth, and two nuts started calling you Mary and snapping pictures.
After that we headed home, I'm finishing this up, and heading to bed.
Oh, fine, we weren't exactly torturing it, but I bet it sure hated having a flashlight shined on it while some nut made clicking sounds at it with this big black something.
How would you like it if you were sitting on a warm brick in the dark, minding your own business, maybe hoping for a giant juicy moth, and two nuts started calling you Mary and snapping pictures.
After that we headed home, I'm finishing this up, and heading to bed.
USE!.png)



No comments:
Post a Comment