Wednesday, July 15, 2026

"Can I order a replacement body, please? This one is constantly malfunctioning."

Badger slept on my floor on a pallet last night.

Around 6 a.m., she was suddenly jolted awake when I fell out of bed and crashed onto her. I think I scared her to death.

I don't know what that was about. I haven’t fallen out of bed like that since I was a kid.

Luckily, she wasn't hurt. She gathered up her blankets and the dogs and went to curl up in her own bed.

I quietly headed to the living room. I didn't want to wake up Heron since he was asleep on the couch.

That living room was pitch black. I'm used to always having a night light on for Badger.

Of all the things I’m thankful for, learning to touch type while blindfolded is high on the list. I can still type pretty well even in a dark room. I used to type a whole lot better, but my fingers are stiffer now.

I worked on going through Blogger posts until Badger got up.

Me and Blogger is about to get in a fight.
I had most of this post written up.
I went to check my Facebook messenger on Chrome.
When I came back to the Edge window, my post was all gone, and it had copy‑pasted a post from March. 
March.
I still don’t know how it managed that. 
So then I had two of the same post from March.
I hope it's fixed, but I had to start this post over.

Badger ate breakfast, leashed up Duffy, and headed outside to tackle that stool yet again. That thing has turned into an all-week project.

I stood outside with her for a while. When I came inside, Heron was getting ready to go to the doctor.

Well, he wasn't gone long. I didn't understand him, but I think he went to the wrong office. He rescheduled for later this afternoon.

I can pretty much speed time up, and power on through the day, hopefully before Blogger erases me again.

Badger was outside until late afternoon, working on that stool. To me it looks just fine, but it's not acceptable to her. I spent the day in my room with a book once Cowboy woke up and left the room.

I have no clue what Cowboy got into. I'm fairly sure he was outside a large part of the day. The day moved on as days do. Heron finally got to the doctor, he was hurting so bad when he came home, he just mumbled about what they said.
It's the same thing that was wrong last time, whatever that was.
They'll try PT again, but surgery is strongly recommended. He's living on my couch, catching up on episodes of “Yellowstone.” Other than being in pain, he seems rather content. Well, kind of content. He said he can't open his mouth wide enough to even get a spoon in it. He woke up and his jaw is swollen and tight, I guess. So, he's probably pretty darn hungry. I've been shoving broth at him, it's a little hard to eat when you can't open your mouth. He's not allowed to use a straw. Badger and I stick close to the house in case he needs us.

We watch TV and I play on the computer. Badger flits in and out of the house.

She finally finished with that stool and gave it a base coat of paint. I want to say Rust-Oleum, it's supposed to prevent mildew and mold. That's kind of important when it's going to be a kitchen stool. What do y'all think about permanent daylight savings time? Cowboy says he doesn't like it, he'll be coming home from work and going to work in the dark.
I like the idea of staying light longer in the winter, but I don't like the idea of waking up to the dark. One person suggested a split, adding thirty minutes I guess he meant both ways. Actually, I don't think that makes sense. I doubt if it will pass through the senate though, and if it does it won't start until spring. I guess I'll get off of here and head to bed. Tomorrow is town day; we just can't break Cowboy of going every week.

No comments: