The morning started well before 6 a.m., but that's only to be expected these days.
Cowboy can sleep through anything, but Badger and I are more sensitive to noise, so that makes for a long day.
I’m not sure why, but Raven has been keeping the kids in his room when they wake up instead of letting them roam into the living room.
Our rooms are all close together.
Raven’s
is right across from Badger’s, and then there’s that little raised spot
you step up onto, and the master is just past it.
Every little sound carries through the whole place.
When Badger and I said the kids were super loud and kinda annoying every weekend, Cowboy was like, “You’re overreacting. It doesn’t bother me. It's just y'all.”
That kinda hurt, but there wasn't much we could do about it.
My cousin is sometimes my sounding board, but she likes to text me advice.
I really appreciate that she cares and thinks about me, but most of the time, writing is how I get things out instead of keeping them bottled up.
There isn't any simple solution right now.
It's just the way things are.
My cousin doesn’t always see how hard it gets when my anxiety and ADHD start acting up at the same time.
Some days I wish I had my cousin’s fiery little red‑head energy.
She’s tiny but mighty, will tell you what’s what, and might just smack you if you sass her.
But that’s not me, so now we’re back to my attempt at the soft, gentle era of blogging.
Raven and the kids took off just before noon and didn’t show up again until around 4.
While they were gone, Cowboy slept in his recliner, Badger stayed in her room, and I got a few minutes on the computer.
Sometime after 3, Cowboy came in from feeding the chickens and my birds and told Badger and me to head to the car.
We ended up at Walmart, and Cowboy told me to pick out a birthday present for myself.
I didn’t really need or want anything, but I ended up buying two pairs of jogging pants anyway.
I was still wearing the maternity pants I used when I was pregnant with Badger, and they were getting holes in places that really don’t need holes.
By the time we got home, Raven and the kids were back, so Badger and I just went to our rooms.
Raven and the kids were in their room by 7:30 and stayed there for the rest of the evening.
He’s acting kind of odd, but I’m not going to complain.
It’s still noisy in here, but at least I can sit at the computer without a flying Mickey Mouse getting launched at my head.
Badger finally emerged from her “Hobbit Hole,” and she’s spent most of the evening in the kitchen making me a birthday cake.
I really appreciate it.
She put a lot of thought into it.
She’s made plans for tomorrow but won’t say what.
All I know is I need to take a shower and actually dress like a human.
I’m pretty sure tomorrow won’t be anything fancy like the last couple of years, when she’d take me to Pigeon Forge and all the touristy stuff.
Heron came in from work, handed me a bag, and said it was my birthday present.
I peeked inside, and that nutty kid of mine had bought me a pair of $175 tennis shoes.
That’s just... wow.
That’s like wearing gold on your feet.
Pretty much everything I own comes from thrift stores.
That's just wow.
He must have had his girlfriend and her mom helping him pick them out.
He said, “E's mom said to pick something that would go with anything she wears, and E kept picking out subdued shoes. I told them my mom likes obnoxious colored shoes.”
I don't like obnoxious shoes; I like bright shoes, glitter, and neon colors.
I'm a child of the 80s.
These are a pretty shade of light pink and grey.
I think Badger's finally done in the kitchen, so I'm heading to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment