It was 97° with a feels-like temperature in the 100s.
I thought we were going to get a break from the heat tonight.
It started rumbling thunder, and we got a few drops of rain.
But the storm fizzled out.
It’s been lightning all night, but nothing has come of it.
We took Badger to therapy today.
Cowboy and I spent an hour sitting in the car.
Do you know what it feels like in this heat to sit in a car without the air conditioning on?
We kept the windows just barely open since the sunlight pouring in was a bit too hot.
I was soaked in sweat by the time she came out.
Cowboy put the seat back and took a nap like some kind of lizard under a heat lamp.
After she came out, we went to Lowe's.
I decided that even though Raven will be back once school starts, I still wanted a smaller microwave.
With it being just the three of us, four if you count Heron, we hardly use the microwave anymore.
Heron and I use it mostly to heat up our coffee.
Raven is the big microwave user.
All the microwaves were on sale today.
I could have gotten the same model that broke for less than what I paid the first time.
But right now, smaller is what we need.
Badger also liked a door with a handle more than one with a push-button.
The door sensor is what went out on mine.
The smaller microwave has a handle.
The box was absolutely filthy, and the rest were just as grimy.
I’m guessing they’d been stored too close to where the wood was being cut.
I worried about the microwave, but once I got it out, it was fine.
Cowboy went to get chicken feed, and Badger and I went in Goodwill just to get out of the car.
I’d cooked once today, and that was enough.
We stopped to buy fireworks.
Badger and I told Cowboy we weren’t doing that this year.
No one is going to be here but us.
She hates the noise, and I just couldn't care less.
Everyone in the neighborhood shoots them off.
All we have to do is sit on the swing or in the she-shed and watch the show.
He loves them, though.
I pity that woman selling them, and she had her little boy with her.
Under that tent was just miserable hot.
I don't know much about fireworks, but I would think you'd want to try to keep fireworks cool.
She had one fan and she kept it on the little boy so he'd be cool.
We made it home.
Badger went to her room, and she's stayed in there most of the afternoon.
I sat at the computer, not doing much.
Half-heartedly poking around social media and blogs.
I don’t handle the heat like I used to.
Cowboy pulled the old microwave out and put the new one in.
He hauled the chicken feed to the coops and took care of the chickens.
He fed my birds and then came inside.
He slept until 4:30 p.m. Badger and I were getting worried.
It's so hot that the air conditioner can't keep up, so it's not cold inside.
But he was still bundled up in a blanket.
He seems to keep cold all the time.
He woke up, we ate supper, and then Cowboy went outside.
He weed-whacked, and I don't know what all.
It's 11 p.m. and he's not been in the house since 5 p.m.
I don’t know how he’s standing this heat.
Badger and I watched TV for a good long while, then she wanted to take a little walk.
We headed down our hill, and the sky lit up, and we noped it back home.
I'd say we headed back inside, but no, Badger grabbed her camera and stayed outside for a long time, just taking pictures of the lightning.
I don't think she got one single picture.
She used the old camera.
She and I came in.
She went to bed, and I’ll go to mine once I finish this.
I figure Cowboy is still on his work schedule.
Even on his days off, he keeps the same hours he would if he were working.
It’s not late for him.
It’s just his regular time to be up and going.
So there you have it.
Friday in a nutshell.
No comments:
Post a Comment