We had a very quiet morning with Heron.
He finished “Yellowstone” and moved on to one of the prequels.
I can't remember which one, but by this afternoon he'd already finished that, too.
His back is recovering more slowly.
I think he said that they're going to try a new medicine for it, and fingers crossed it works.
Then he packed his bags and headed to his girlfriend's house until Friday.
She'll be taking a trip to Salem, Massachusetts, while he stays at her house.
I told him he shouldn’t be up in those mountains while he’s still recovering, miles away from any help.
He promised me he wouldn’t be by himself.
That helped a little, but I still couldn't help worrying.
My mind immediately raced through all the things that might go wrong.
What if he fell and couldn't get to a phone?
They even have actual bears up there that have attacked and killed some of their pets.
None of it really made me feel any better.
Moms worry about this kind of stuff, you know.
I always worry when he goes up there, but if everything works out, he'll probably be living there eventually.
I'll just have to trust that he'll stay safe.
I think his girlfriend is finally convincing him to look for a new job. She's been trying for a long time to get him to quit the job at the bar. He works long, unpredictable hours on his feet cooking, and that doesn't help his back any. We'll just have to wait and see on that.
Badger woke up and made us pancakes and cinnamon rolls, but instead of cinnamon, it's raspberry.
They were pretty good.
She doesn't fry pancakes.
She bakes them on a baking sheet like you would cookies, and they turn out better, I think.
After we ate, Badger scooped our cats' litter boxes.
Then she headed down to the RV to take care of the RV cats' litter boxes, too.
I think the RV cats enjoy having Badger take care of their litter boxes.
They especially seem to appreciate the pet-safe scented powder she puts in them.
It keeps everything from smelling like poo or pee.
I’ve noticed that GiGi, or maybe I should call her JiJi after watching “Kiki’s Delivery Service,” waits until the powder has been added before she starts scratching around in the litter.
She doesn't even use it.
She just scratches around until the scent starts wafting through the air, gives it an appreciative sniff, and strolls away.
That was about as active as our day got.
It was one of those rest days, mostly spent watching TV or reading, with the occasional quick trip outside to let a dog go potty.
The humidity must have been sky-high today.
It was just miserable outside.
For a few minutes, we were sure it was going to storm.
The air just had that feeling to it, but it never did.
On days like that, here in the South, you really don't want to be outside.
You're much better off staying inside and taking full advantage of the air conditioning.
With that, I'm going to close for today.
Can you believe it's almost Wednesday already?
July is nearly gone, too.
Time is just zipping by.
No comments:
Post a Comment