It felt like spring today, with temperatures in the high sixties.
Badger and I walked down to the creek‑and‑cow‑facing house, and I didn’t even bother with a jacket.
It’s January, so I know it won’t last, but I’m enjoying it while it does.
Raven got home from work at 5 a.m. and woke me up.
The dogs go wild as soon as that front door opens.
I drifted back off until 7:30.
I’m an old grouch, but it felt good to wake up to a quiet, clean house.
The sun coming through the windows was a nice little pick‑me‑up.
The Wi-Fi was up and down again.
In my head I was muttering, “Go ahead, Comcast. Keep it up. Your time is about done.”
KUB Fiber signs are popping up like mushrooms everywhere.
Comcast had us locked in with no real options for TV, phone, or internet, and now there’s finally something else to pick from.
When Comcast acts up, the security cameras go offline, which messes us up when we’re trying to catch anything.
I can't check the bank, blog, or roam social media.
It doesn’t bother me as much, but Comcast cuts out from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
On weekends this is the time Cowboy is watching his foreign soaps, and that really annoys him.
The dogs and I had a quiet morning.
I was working on files already stored on my computer, so I didn’t need Wi-Fi.
There wasn’t much to say about the morning.
It was just like a thousand others.
Nothing big happened.
We have our routines and our way of doing things, and we rarely change them.
Around 1 p.m., Cowboy was out feeding the chickens, and I went in to watch my show on Acorn.
Off topic, but season two doesn’t have the closed captioning anymore.
I checked, and season one still has it.
Do you know how thick Irish and New Zealand accents are?
Without the closed captioning, I’m only getting half the show.
I can understand the New Zealanders better than the Irish.
It’s a murder mystery.
An Irish cop goes to New Zealand to help a New Zealand cop solve the murder of an Irish citizen.
I was trying to watch that when Badger sent me a picture of a KUB truck in the front yard.
We sent the picture to Peacock and told him, “So it begins.”
He wants KUB Fiber so badly, but his area hasn’t gotten it yet.
I don’t know how long the man worked, but it was quite a while, and now we have the wire and the box for KUB Fiber.
Come Thursday evening, I’m calling Comcast and telling them goodbye.
I’ve put up with them for twenty years because we had no choices here.
Their service has been hit‑or‑miss forever, so fingers crossed KUB Fiber is as good as they say.
I won’t miss Comcast.
Time for Cowboy to head off to work came around soon enough.
Once he left, Badger and I took our walk.
We’ll have to remember school starts back tomorrow, so we can’t walk that early.
Then we came home and settled in for a night of television.
Once the sun goes down, it gets chilly fast.
Television is the way to go, I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment