I feel a little bit better after my tantrum yesterday.
Blowing off steam isn't terrible, sometimes.
As long as you confine it to a blog and not to real life.
I've never been a person who does well with change.
I've never liked having my routines messed up.
There were huge changes in the month of June, and I'm still trying to readjust.
Badger says that Cowboy and I have never spent so much time together, and neither of us really likes it.
I won't disagree.
We may love each other.We wouldn’t have made it this far if we didn’t.
Or maybe we’re just stubborn as mules and neither one of us wants to call uncle first.
But we get on each other's nerves really quickly.
The first twenty years or so we were married, Cowboy moved to night shift.
He's worked both second and third shifts, so he was mostly asleep during the day, working at night.
Then, from Friday to Sunday, he was out with his Dad hunting.
I rarely saw the man.
When my Mom was alive, I'd pile the kids in her car and go spend weekends with her.
There wasn't a lick of sense staying at home.
But life moves along as life does.
People die as people do.
We aged as is the natural order of things.
Now, we're together more than we've ever been.
What didn't matter in the beginning is starting to matter.
Cowboy has an entire decade on me.
He's lived a life before me.
If you want to get all down and dirty about it, the man was married and had a child before I ever even made it out of elementary school.
He's content to enjoy a quiet life while I'm at a stage where I've raised my kids, and I'd like a little, just a little tiny bit more excitement.
Oh well, no one said marriage was easy.
Today was just an ordinary day.
Heron headed to his girlfriend's house for the night.
Badger has weekly appointments in Jefferson City.
Cowboy drives her up, and then sleeps in the car while she's inside.
They surprised me by bringing home Arby's.
Today was supposed to be spaghetti day, but OK, I'm not complaining.
After we had eaten, Badger and I headed to my room to watch some TV.
Cowboy settled down for his nap.
Once our show was off, Badger and I decided to take a little walk.
First, though, she put the new lights on the cow windmill, then she got distracted by the fungus on the myrtle bush.
Well, it was hotter than a hoochie coochie by then, so I told her I was going back into the air conditioner.
We'd walk some other time.
She stayed outside for a good while, trimming the branches with the worst of the fungus.
Poor myrtle is a bit lopsided now, but she's considerably less fungusy.
Eventually Cowboy did wander out to take care of his chickens.
He was back inside and sound asleep by 5:30 p.m.
Badger came inside and headed back to her room.
I was in my room trying to get through a book.
A pretty good storm came through around 6 p.m.
I didn't see any lightning, but Badger has the only non-tinted window in the house now, and she said it was wicked.
The thunder literally shook my windows.
The rain just poured down.
Luckily, it was over by the time Cowboy went to work.
I read until nearly 8 p.m.
Badger entertained herself.
We decided to take a little walk, got halfway up the wooded field pathway, and heard a big old rumble of thunder.
We noped it on back to the house, but it never stormed, just one rumble and that was that.
We came home and watched a movie until 10 p.m.
Badger has headed to bed, so I'm finishing this up and heading there myself.
Hopefully I can finish this darn book. It started out really good and slowly went downhill.
I need to check its publication date because I'd swear they used AI to write it.
AI writing has this distinct way of sounding.
I don't have any plans for tomorrow, and honestly, not much lined up for the foreseeable future.
There may be another “argh, I’m bored and sick of this” kind of post sooner rather than later.
No comments:
Post a Comment