My morning starts off with feeding my little stray.
She's getting braver at waiting on the porch, yowling, and then following me to the carport.
That's an improvement over yowling, I come outside, and she races to hide under a car.
Then I walk down to the RV to make sure the outside door is shut tight, but the catio door is propped open.
I also do a head count, just to be sure no one made a break for it in the night.
That doesn't always work.
Hank likes to lay on the bed inside.
Po hides on the top shelf outside, and being a black cat, blends into the shadows.
Gigi hides inside.
She likes to skulk in small dark places.
Meep is usually the only one outside and watching the chickens.
She's a tortie, but mostly black, so you really have to look to see if she's curled up on that black chair.
As Badger says, I'm really not sure what I'll do once Heron and his zoo move out.
I know as much about his cats and dog as he does, and they've become a part of my life and routine.
Today, I came back up to the house, and Heron and his dog were heading out the door.
He says he feels a lot better, and he's walking better too.
He was most happy that he's finally able to stick his tongue out.
I think that means most of this facial swelling is going down.
His problem is that he starts feeling better, then pushes himself too hard, and ends up in worse shape than before.
I played on the computer for a while.
Badger woke up and ate breakfast, and we took a quick walk to the corner and back. Badger was on her bike. Then she headed to the she-shed. She was giving her bike a tune-up.
Heron finally roamed back in, took a shower, got out of his pajamas, and said he was going to his girlfriend's house for the night.
The good thing about that is she's an EMT.
She's trained to deal with injured and sick people.
The bad thing is that they're building a homestead, which is how Heron hurt his back this time.
He was cutting down trees or something.
He says he'll just lie on her couch; he needed a change of scenery, or maybe just a change of couches.
By that time, Cowboy was awake, so once Heron pulled out of the drive, we had him take us up to the Dollar Store.
Badger made a jug of tea this morning and discovered we had no sugar in the house.
Raven used sugar, but since he’s not around, I haven’t been getting any.
The four of us don't really use it.
When we got back, Badger and I grabbed a quick lunch.
After that, she said she wasn’t feeling well and went to her room to curl up.
Cowboy took a nap.
I started cleaning up. I found a box and got all of Heron's loose clothes put up in it. Then I took the overflowing laundry out of the living room and started washing that. I did a quick tidy up. The house was basically clean, but you always have to pick up trash and sweep. I stripped the couch and piled up the blankets and sheets Heron has been using in the laundry room. That got washed eventually.
Then I went outside to shuck corn and ended up with five gallon-sized bags full of it. The rest Heron wanted, and he said Peacock was taking some. That was a relief because there was a wheelbarrow full of corn I didn't really want to mess with. I came inside, poked Cowboy awake and told him it was thundering. I told him to roll the corn back under the carport. I managed to get it down to my swing, but I sure to heck wasn't rolling it back up the drive. That thing was a bit heavy. Then I went in, shoved bags of corn in the freezer, and started yet another load of laundry. Sometimes I feel like I'm chained to that machine. Cowboy went outside, rolled the wheelbarrow back under the carport then went to take care of his chickens. As it wasn't storming, just an angry sky, he also mowed the yard. I was kept busy washing, folding, and putting away laundry. Heron can't lift right now, and he had a ton of laundry. I also thought it would be nice for him to come home to freshly laundered blankets. That is if he comes back and camps out in my living room again, he might decide to move back in the RV. Badger finally popped out of her bedroom at a bad time. She had to take my curtain down so I could toss it in the washer. Fox looked me dead in the eye. I was sitting in the recliner, and he peed on my curtain. Peed on the curtain. He used to be terrible for doing that until we neutered his butt. Now he only does it when he wants a treat and we ignore him or his litter box is dirty. I don't know what his furry orange butt was mad about this time, though. I noticed he was in position, I yelled “ack” and tossed a pillow at him, but he was too doggone fast. By this time it was 5 pm, the day flies by when you're doing something other than staring at a computer screen. So, Badger started supper. She went quick, simple and easy. Pancakes, sausage, biscuits and gravy.
We ate, and Badger and I headed to the bedroom to watch a little TV. Cowboy headed outside to weed-eat.
Badger and I decided to take a little walk, but she got distracted by a morning glory vine choking my rose. She was busy untangling the vine when this bright light flashed in front of our eyes. I looked at her. She looked at me. And I asked, “Was that lightning?” Just as the words left my mouth, bam! A loud crash of thunder rolled.
We quickly headed back to the porch, and as soon as we got underneath, the skies opened up, and the rain just poured buckets.
It wasn't long until a wet Cowboy came rushing up, heading inside.
The storm didn't last very long, so Badger and I finally got our walk. When we got back, she headed straight to her room, saying she didn’t feel well.
Cowboy was outside, trying to put up a solar security light to the front porch. I stayed outside watching him.
He said he's tired of coming home from work and the porch light being off. I say I don't see any use in keeping the porch light on all night until he gets home at 5 am.
So I guess this is a compromise.
If you think about it, it only cuts on if someone is by it, so I'll always know if someone is messing around on my porch. And if we're being honest, it's twice as bright as my porch light.
With Cowboy on third shift, and Heron sometimes not getting home until after midnight, this may work out better.
He was being a bit grumpy about it, but in the end, this might turn out much better for both of us.
Then he disappeared towards the backyard. I've no clue what else he got into. It’s after 10 p.m., and I’m tired. I’ll finish this up and then head to my bedroom to watch TV with Badger.
Cowboy's a big boy. I'm sure he won't get eaten by a rabid raccoon.
2 comments:
It's always so nice to get the laundry done! There's just two of us but it seems like I'm always washing something!
Jeanette: I know what you mean.It seems like there’s always something waiting to be washed, even with only a couple of people. But it’s such a satisfying feeling when everything is finally done..
Post a Comment