Monday, July 20, 2026

Iced coffee is my love language. 🧊☕️

Badger went to her weekly appointment today.
I had the whole house to myself for an hour.
I spent my time on the computer, still working to sort out the Blogger mess in my posts.
I'm really liking Edge and all the tools that come with it.
It makes blogging much easier.

Badger walked through the door with a Dunkin coffee in hand, just for me.
I really appreciated that.

Cowboy came in, ate a snack, took Lady out to pee, and then took a long nap.

Badger went in and put dinner on.
I had ground turkey cooking, and I thought it smelled a bit funky.
I just wasn’t sure if it was a bad funky or just the normal funky smell of cooking turkey.
Badger walked into the kitchen, took one sniff of the air, and immediately told me it was definitely rotten.
So Imp the Stray got our dinner.
Badger substituted salmon and a can of soup beans for us.

Then Badger headed out to the she-shed for a bit.

I kept working on my posts, and just when I think I’m almost done, I spot something else that needs fixing.

Heron got home just before 2 pm.
He very gently eased himself onto the couch and hasn't moved very much since.
He says his mouth is much better.
He's able to eat again.
But that doggone old back of his still isn't better.
The good news is that he does seem to be standing less crooked and less hunched over.

He's been curled up on the couch watching “Yellowstone” and one of the prequels most of the day.
It may not be the most thrilling recovery plan, but his back feels better when he takes it easy.

So we got dinner eaten, and Badger went into her room and got this wild hair to do a little rearranging.

"Okay, cool. Good luck, kid."

Right?

No ma'am.
She wanted to do a furniture exchange with me.

Oh my gosh!
Do you know how much stuff the two of us have?
We have a lot of stuff.

So we spent a good amount of time moving, rearranging, and cleaning up our mess.

She took my short, squat dresser, and I took her skinny, tall dresser.
To make old skinny fit, I had to move big and wide over underneath the TV.

I ended up with less of a mess than she did.

She had to move her art desk, which is a normal-sized desk, over to her window, put my short, squat dresser in her room, and then clean everything up.

Well, here it is bedtime, and it's still not clean, so Badger is sleeping on a pallet on my floor tonight.

To end the night, we took a quick walk down to the Senior Citizens Center.
We came back through the backyard and noticed something strange perched on Heron's porch.
We got a little closer and realized the rooster was roosting on the steps.
Cowboy had turned him out of the coop earlier, and apparently the rooster decided Heron's porch was the perfect place to spend the night.

He's a nasty little devil.
He was fighting with the hens and breaking eggs.

Anyone else would have put him on a dinner plate, but Cowboy is just letting the rooster free range.
Old Jaffar seems happy enough roaming the backyard, pecking at the tomatoes and squash in the garden, and apparently annoying the RV cats through the screening.

With that, I'm calling it a night.

No comments: