Sunday, July 12, 2026

Quiet hours, happy soul

We woke up to rain, but it had cleared out by the time Cowboy woke up.

Cowboy went to morning church service, came home, looked at the sky, said it was going to rain.

Then he curled up in his recliner and napped all afternoon.

I told Badger he wanted to go fishing, but on the other hand, he just wanted to sleep.

Badger told me that he didn't like to go alone, and Heron was at his girlfriend's house, and Badger is done with fishing

He's been wanting to go fishing ever since the weather warmed up, so I feel bad for him.
But on the other hand, nothing was stopping him today.

Badger gave the house a quick tidy up then went outside until I guess around 4 p.m.
She made herself a camera box, put it together and stained it.
I think it came out really nice.

I've been on the computer all day.
I'm still trying to clean up the mess Firefox made with my old posts.
Every time I think I may be done, I'll come across another messed up one.

I've noticed Canva isn't working well with Firefox, so it's definitely a Firefox issue.

I'm an old dog who doesn't like learning new tricks.
I've used Firefox since I got on the internet back in the dark ages.

But now it looks like I'm going to have to slap my hand every time I go near that fox and use Edge instead.

Badger came in, washed up, and started supper.

Cowboy snorted awake, “Why, you aren't fixing supper now, are you? I've got things to do.”

I told him it was after 4 p.m., we'd not eaten since early in the day, and yes, Badger was cooking supper. If he didn't like it, he could go do what needed doing, and we'd put supper in the stove to keep warm.

He shuffled out the door muttering under his breath something about the food being hard and not edible.

Well, I mean, it is what it is.

By the time supper was cooked, his rear end was right there in line with a plate, so I assume he was also hungry. He just likes to fuss.

Badger went quick and simple, pancakes, fried potatoes, and sausage. That also made kitchen clean up easy after we were done.

After he ate, Cowboy went outside, and he didn't come back inside until 10:30 p.m. by then it was pouring rain and lightning was streaking across the sky, although I never heard thunder.

I know he gave that black car a very thorough cleaning. He says we're going to start using it.

All I have to say is that if I get stranded on the side of the road because he knows it has a major mechanical issue, he's going to get an earful. And he'd better not take it on the interstate.

Then he did something on the RV roof, no clue there. And he finished up with stripping copper the rest of the night.

Badger went outside for a while with her camera. Okay, no, I did hear one rumble of thunder, but that was early in the evening. That's what drove Badger back inside.

She worked on cleaning up her room a bit more.

Then we went to watch TV.

I'm on my tablet again and will clean up the post in the morning.

I'll have to start more post clean up tomorrow also, but again that's a booger of a job.

Badger goes to Jefferson City tomorrow, and I'll have to tag along.
 I need phone cards.
Cowboy told me to buy them Thursday, and I told him no, no, I still have to the end of the month.
Nope, Straight Talk, I swear, moved my date to re‑fill.

But, my chatty butt is shutting the tablet down for now.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Here you are! I have used a Mac since the dark ages and with it Safari. I have 2 other browsers but I like Safari. I'm used to Safari.We will go with they moved your refill date, sounds good. Very hot here, so not much of any interest.

Jane said...

Sandra: Here I am 🙂
Just when I think I’m finally digging myself out of the mess my blog became, I stumble across even more glitches. But I believe I’m back to being active now.
I started online with a WebTV, then moved to a cheap Windows desktop, and I’ve stuck with Windows ever since. Back in the early 2000s I was using Internet Explorer that was just what Windows came with. Then I found Firefox and used it for my blogging only.
Me and Straight Talk are about to have a fight, I can’t keep up with our refill dates.
I wish I could send you our weather. It’s been fairly cool with frequent rain, but we’re about to heat up again.

Jeanette said...

I use Edge and although I did not like it at first I guess I'm used to it now.

Jane said...

Jeanette: I use Chrome for everything else, but Edge has just worked better for blogging. I’m still learning my way around it, but the built‑in features make things a lot easier than Firefox ever did.